Please click HERE to watch a short video regarding the experience and expectations of Camp Widji Staff prior to completing the application.
Returning Camp Widji seasonal staff? We’d love to have you back! Complete your seasonal staff agreement today and receive a bonus at the end of summer!
Pay: $115 per day
Consistent with the Christian mission and vision of the YMCA of Middle Tennessee, and in cooperation with other YMCA staff, under the direction of the Day Camp Director, Camper Services is responsible for monitoring daily attendance, coordinating late drop offs and early checkouts, maintaining the safety of the campers and staff, and ensuring the Camp's daily program is run efficiently through detailed supervision and objective decision making.
- Model the YMCA core values: Caring, Honesty, Respect and Responsibility
- Be an appropriate role model for all campers
- Record attendance for the Canoe and Climb with Parent
- Prepare attendance rosters, bus tags, and bus bags weekly prior to beginning of camp on Monday
- Maintain open communication with Camp Directors & Pack Leaders regarding camper discipline and parent communication
- Be a leader in customer service to our campers, parents and staff
- Manage camper lost & found and overnight camper & staff mail
- Work with other Camper Service staff on overall office supervision
- Ensure camp programs are delivered to all guests in a safe and fun environment
- Follow all rules and safety regulations as set forth by the center
- Maintain a positive working relationship with other staff
- Be alert to program safety factors and potential hazards; prevent accidents and minimize or eliminate hazardous situations; report any problems or hazards to the Day Camp Director or Executive Director