Please click HERE to watch a short video regarding the experience and expectations of Camp Widji Staff prior to completing the application.
Returning Camp Widji seasonal staff? We’d love to have you back! Complete your seasonal staff agreement today and receive a bonus at the end of summer!
Pay: $160 per day
Consistent with the Christian mission and vision of the YMCA of Middle Tennessee, and in cooperation with other YMCA staff, under the direction of the Resident Camp Director, the Camp Nurse is responsible for the coordination of the operations of the Health Lodge Center, supervision of health lodge assistants, and assisting with overall coordination of the health of the camp community.
- Model the YMCA core values: Caring, Honesty, Respect and Responsibility
- Supervise and develop summer schedule for health lodge assistants
- Conduct periodic inventories of all supplies and order necessary items
- Conduct an orientation for staff and health lodge assistants during staff week
- Maintain quality relationships with local doctors, clinics and hospitals
- Submit at the conclusion of the summer season to the Resident Camp Director: inventory of all equipment and supplies; recommendations for following year; medical charges for campers and staff
- Maintain good communication with Day and Resident Camp Directors about camper and staff charges, insurance and worker’s compensation issues
- Report all maintenance needs to Resident Camp Director
- Post necessary emergency procedures in the Health Center
- Hold brief staff meetings with health lodge assistants on each session’s first day
- File all insurance claims
- Ensure that communication with parents occurs whenever necessary regarding a camper’s medication or illness. Any overnight stays in the Health Center will warrant a phone call to parents within 24 hours
- Assist in the pre-camp Health Center set-up
- Assume responsibility for coordination of end of summer Health Center shut down
- Perform daily visual observation of all Health Center operations, and weekly visual inspections of all equipment
- Follow all rules and safety regulations as set forth by camp
- Carry out all other tasks/objectives as assigned by the Camp Director; maintain a positive working relationship with all staff