Glacial Ridge Hospital is seeking an experienced RN who is passionate about caring for others, dedicated to patient safety, displays excellent critical thinking skills, communicates effectively, and consistently implements the nursing process with each and every patient. Responsible for nursing care of assigned patients in the hospital including CCU, OB, ER, or PAR. $4,000 sign-on bonus for full-time! Pro-rated bonus for part-time.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Prepares and revises patient care for assigned patients and follows through with it.
- Keeps up to date on the latest nursing techniques and equipment. Attends at least six (6) nursing personnel meetings each year.
- Often provides technical information to colleagues, especially regarding special care areas such as CCU, OB, ER, and PAR.
- Recognize, interpret, record, and report significant data regarding the patient’s condition.
- Assists in development of patient care policy and procedures as requested.
- Successfully completes appropriate professional trauma education (Example: Trauma Nursing Core Course (TNCC), Comprehensive Advanced Life Support (CATN), or in-house training meeting the objectives specified by the Minnesota Trauma Program guidance.
- Seeks others’ opinions readily regarding patient care and needs and plan of care.
- Respect other peoples’ ability of judgment, i.e., during peer review.
- Interacts appropriately with visitors, families and other departmental personnel.
Resistance to Work Pressures
- Provides a high degree of professional patient care, especially in special care areas: CCU, OB, ER, and PAR.
- Makes sound decisions under conditions of stress or pressure.
- Accepts additional assignments without being unduly distressed.
Rules and Policy
- Follows policy and procedures for nursing interventions especially in special care areas; CCU, OB, ER, and PAR
- Knows and strives to meet written standards of patient care.
- Knows and follows the correct format for charting.
- Utilizes equipment and resources appropriately.
- Develops and revises the plan of care for assigned patients and implements and evaluates same.
- Reports patient care concerns and condition changes to appropriate personnel i.e., Charge Nurse, DON, Medical Providers.
- Meets and exceeds written standards of patient care.
- Ensures a safe work environment by cleaning, restocking, and monitoring conditions, especially in special care areas.
- Assist with orientation of new employees.
- Does additional reading or study on an unusual patient problem or condition.
- Participates in learning/teaching opportunities with other staff, i.e. LPN, NAA, or community members.
- Assumes professional responsibility for every assignment.