Please click HERE to watch a short video regarding the experience and expectations of Camp Widji Staff prior to completing the application.
Returning Camp Widji seasonal staff? We’d love to have you back! Complete your seasonal staff agreement today and receive a bonus at the end of summer!
Pay: $120 per day
Consistent with the Christian mission and vision of the YMCA of Middle Tennessee, and in cooperation with other YMCA staff, under
the direction of the Resident Camp Director, the Assistant Resident Camp Coordinator is responsible for the direct supervision,
control, organization, and scheduling of Resident Camp Programs and supporting services at YMCA Camp Widjiwagan areas. S/he
will be responsible for following all procedures and policies, and to ensure the camp’s daily program is run efficiently through detailed
supervision and objective decision making.
- Model the YMCA core values: Caring, Honesty, Respect and Responsibility
- Organize, plan, schedule and coordinate Resident Camp programming during Camp Widjiwagan summer sessions
- Supervise and train counselors in procedures and camper experience
- Be alert to program safety factors and potential hazards; prevent accidents and minimize or eliminate hazardous situations; report any problems or hazards to the Resident Camp Director or Executive Director
- Guide and direct campers and staff in a variety of camp activities and oversee activity skill development
- Participate in camp family programs
- Assist in the planning, implementation and evaluation of evening activities
- Ensure proper use & care of all program equipment and storage areas
- Know, adhere to, train, and enforce all YMCA rules, policies and emergency procedures
- Maintain correspondence home to parents of campers in a timely manner
- Ensure the safety of all youth and guest at all times while meeting the individual needs of the participants in a fun environment
- Follow all rules and safety regulations as set forth by the center
- Serve as a cabin counselor
- Maintain positive relationships with YMCA staff, guest, and camp participants