Please click HERE to watch a short video regarding the experience and expectations of Camp Widji Staff prior to completing the application.
Returning Camp Widji seasonal staff? We’d love to have you back! Complete your seasonal staff agreement today and receive a bonus at the end of summer!
Pay: Starts at $22.00 per hour (Depending on Experience)
Consistent with the Christian mission and vision of the YMCA of Middle TN, and in cooperation with other YMCA staff, under the direction of the Day Camp Director, the Bus Driver will provide leadership to the transportation sites of all summer program routes. The Bus Driver will be responsible for the providing safe transportation to and from program sites. The Bus Driver may also need to provide support in other areas as needed.
- Model the YMCA core values: Caring, Honesty, Respect and Responsibility
- Ensure safe and risk free environment at all times while meeting the individual needs of the participants
- Assist in providing safe transportation for all off-site trips
- Be familiar with bus routes, schedules and general areas, keeping routes on time
- Clear route changes through supervisor to maintain and secure accuracy of the master schedule
- Manage the overall safe performance of buses: conduct proper daily safety inspection of the vehicle including: recording gas level, mileage and maintenance on designated forms; evaluate before and after trip checks each day and record all information; clean out bus each day
- Refuel bus on a regular basis
- Promote safety at all times by keeping first aid kit and emergency road kit fully stocked
- Ensure the use of child safety restraints required by state law
- Ensure proper loading, unloading and tracking of children
- Ensure proper use of Bloodborne pathogen kit
- Ensure proper verification procedures for evacuation of the vehicle based on the type of vehicle and ages of the children served
- Ensure the developmentally appropriate practices applicable to the behavior management of children during transportation
- Ensure that bus rules are announced and followed throughout each trip
- Communicate regularly with other bus drivers
- Keep supervisor informed of decisions and refer unresolved situations to supervisor