Gotham Greens is seeking an experienced and passionate Corporate Finance & Strategy Manager to work closely with our leadership team to help with the planning, management, and execution of a variety of core initiatives. The position will be expected to work on a multitude of projects that can range from new market incubation and growth strategies; fundraising and M&A; and cross-functional project management to providing critical support in advancing the data & analytics functions of the company. The candidate will be a versatile member of our team who will lead financial modeling; business analytics; and planning, reporting, and analysis as well as cross-functional teams to enhance the operational strength of the wider organization. The Corporate Finance & Strategy Manager will provide insightful data-driven recommendations to leadership, enabling them to work most effectively with internal and external stakeholders. The ideal candidate will work cross-functionally across the entire organization to understand all aspects of Gotham Greens, leveraging an analytical mindset and knowledge of operational insights to develop, implement, and advise on strategic initiatives for the organization.
What You’ll Do
- Cross-functional role supporting Head of Strategic Finance & Vice President of Strategy, and ultimately CFO
- Lead cross-functional teams to deliver on a range of strategic projects, including market expansion, new product development, strategic marketing initiatives, and building out the company’s growing data & analytics function
- Provide critical support to corporate development efforts including new business opportunities, M&A, debt and equity fundraising, and special projects
- Own and operate the company’s financial model; perform cash forecasting and annual budgeting
- Own and maintain due diligence process with prospective investors / financing sources
- Ad-hoc / special projects - execute new initiatives by creating detailed business cases to evaluate and support decision making (i.e., ROI, business use cases, scenario and pricing analysis etc.)
- Partner closely with Executive Management, Finance and Digital Solutions teams proactively seeking opportunities to improve processes, forecasting and analyze critical business decisions
- Participate in building the infrastructure, processes, and tools to support execution of key strategic initiatives
Who You Are
- A BA in a rigorous discipline; pre or post-MBA candidates will be considered
- 3-5 years’ experience at top tier-investment bank, management consulting firm, or similar. Some experience in an in-house strategy role at a growth stage company also preferred
- Advanced excel (PowerQuery, PowerPivot) / financial modeling skills required and strong research background; transactional M&A, capital markets and valuation experience also preferred
- Expertise in complex project management and facilitating cross-functional collaboration
- Advanced PowerPoint and executive-level presentation skills; experience and exposure to C-suite level decision making
- Experience or interest in joining a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment rapidly disrupting the traditional market for fresh sustainably produced food
- Excellent program/project management, organization, and leadership skills
- Self-starter with an ability to excel in a dynamic, ever-changing environment
- Experience communicating and building relationships with cross-functional partners
- Strategic thinker able to drive analysis, change, and decision-making
- Strong leadership skills to inspire trust across the organization
Who We Are
Gotham Greens is on a mission to transform how and where fresh produce is grown. We are a pioneer in urban indoor agriculture and a leading fresh produce and food company. Through our national network of local high-tech farms, Gotham Greens delivers fresh, long-lasting, and delicious leafy greens, herbs, salad dressings, and pesto dips all year round to retail, restaurant, and foodservice customers. Founded in 2009, the company opened its first greenhouse in Brooklyn, N.Y., shortly thereafter. Today, Gotham Greens operates 500,000 square feet of high-tech greenhouses across five U.S. states.
Our team of nearly 400 is hardworking, supportive, and passionate about sustainable urban agriculture. We work to create an environment that is caring, fun, and collaborative. Gotham Greens is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. We thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Gotham Greens offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package. We are proud to be an affirmative action equal opportunity employer and comply with all applicable federal, state, and local laws regarding recruitment and hiring. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. We thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls or agencies please.