- Minimum one-year experience in a library, school, or bookstore
- Minimum one-year experience working with groups of children (school, day camp, park district, etc.)
- Minimum one year of clerical experience
- High School diploma or equivalent (required)
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist in preparation of the library for instruction.
- Create and maintain library displays.
- Use basic library information and communication technologies to assist library users in locating materials.
- Monitor and maintain acceptable student behavior conducive to learning.
- Contact faculty as needed, regarding library materials and programs.
- Maintain a neat library by organizing chairs, picking up papers, shelving books, and general straightening.
- Dust and clean computers, tables, shelves, lamps, displays and book carts.
- Empty paper recycling containers.
- Maintain an orderly workspace and circulation desk.
- Maintain student supplies, library printers, copy machine and scanner.
- Maintain a library lost and found, delivering unclaimed items to campus lost and found weekly.
- Monitor student use of library resources.
- Participate in campus emergency procedures as instructed by Campus Librarian.
- Process, shelve, circulate, and repair books and other resources according to library procedure.
- Maintain circulation records, including collecting and accounting for lost, damaged, or overdue materials.
- Maintain and circulate audio-visual equipment to the adult school community.
- Maintain records for Inter-Campus Loans.
- Conduct regular inventories of library resources and maintain appropriate records.
- Generate purchase lists based on librarian-annotated review materials.
- Help enhance online catalog with content notes.
- Deliver and collect library mail.
- Participate in organizing library events as directed by the Campus Librarian.
- Prepare periodic statistical reports.
- Prepare purchase orders under the supervision of the library director or electronic resources librarian.
- Participate in annual or semi-annual library inventories.
- Participate in training as required.
- Update the online classroom calendar
Other Duties and Responsibilities
- Commute between campuses, on an as-needed basis, through a reliable means of transportation.
- Assumes responsibility for related duties as required or assigned.
- Dependably open and or close the library alone, managing computers, lights, locks, etc
- Stand on a library stool to retrieve books.
- Hear individuals, groups, telephone and intercom communications, public address announcements, emergency signals, etc.
Knowledge, Skill & Ability Requirements
- Ability to work with children and young adults
- Ability to job-share with co-workers
- Skilled at using MS Office Word, Excel, and Google Docs
- Familiarity with scanner and copier functions
- Ability to communicate effectively with students, parents, staff, and faculty
- Ability to develop positive cooperative relationships with others
- Ability to receive and to give positive feedback and constructive criticism
- Ability to operate library information and communication technologies
- Ability to supervise students in an appropriate manner
- Interest and ability to learn new skills
- Lift boxes weighing 20 pounds.
- Push a book truck loaded with books.
- Stand up and reach, bend down to shelve, retrieve, and inventory books.
Our mission is to educate students for success at college and beyond, and to foster kindness, respect and integrity within a safe and nurturing environment. We achieve academic excellence through the development of intellectual curiosity, personal accountability and love of learning. Our comprehensive program and exceptional faculty and staff help students discover, develop and enjoy their unique talents. We honor individuality, embrace diversity, and promote leadership and service, preparing students to take their place as global citizens.