MPowerment Program Coordinator
MPowerment Program Coordinator for the Fuse and GenderBrave MPowerment Projects. The MPowerment programs are HIV prevention/community-building program. Fuse serves young gay and bisexual men and GenderBrave serves young transgender and gender non-conforming individuals all between the ages of 18-35. An energetic, team-oriented and committed individual is needed to implement the MPowerment programs.
The MPowerment Program Coordinator, a full time position, works with the Fuse/GenderBrave team, program leadership, community participants, stakeholders and volunteers to promote the programs’ mission and resources, including raising awareness around HIV, safer-sex resources (condoms, testing, treatment, PrEP, etc.) m-group sessions, core group meetings, educational workshops, and other social events and activities. An excellent writer and communicator, this role is focused on increasing, broadening and deepening program participation among the programs’ focus demographics and making them aware of HIV resources as well as Fuse/GenderBrave produced works and programs. Planning and implementing promotional and recruitment strategies, as well as conducting and supporting frequent formal and informal outreach for program activities in the community, at program-sponsored social events and on social media is a core responsibility of this position.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Logistics planning of events and outreach activities
- Organize and oversee weekly events and outreach planning meetings
- Facilitate meetings and m-group sessions
- Recruit young gay and bisexual men and young transgender and gender non-conforming individuals for the program and its events/activities
- Maintain an evolving social media and web presence
- Participate in the development of safer sex publicity materials and promo materials
- Recruit and supervise volunteers
- Community outreach
- Prepare program and other reports and documentation
- Perform other related duties as assigned. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change, or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.
- Must be customer service and team oriented.
- Ability to make community connections and cultivate strong partnerships.
- Must be comfortable discussing sex and sexuality with young gay and bisexual men and young transgender and gender non-conforming individuals.
- Demonstrate cultural sensitivity to and ability to interact with the straight, lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and gender non-conforming individuals of all ethnicities and races.
- Must be knowledgeable about HIV/AIDS prevention, gay male and young transgender and gender non-conforming individuals’ sexuality and issues, and the local gay, transgender, and gender non-conforming communities.
- Demonstrate ability to work with people living with HIV.
- Demonstrate strong leadership qualities and ability to lead community initiatives
- Demonstrate proficiency working with Microsoft Office computer applications
- Demonstrate experience with conducting community outreach and planning events.
- Demonstrate proficiency with and understanding of social media platforms (i.e Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Wordpress, etc.) and the internet.
- Possess excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills to interact effectively with staff, supervisors, managers, other personnel and stakeholders.
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable in order to contribute to problem-solving activities within a growing, changing program.
- Ability to work under pressure, organize work assignments, set priorities and meet deadlines.
- Willingness to learn new skills
- Minimum High School diploma or equivalent; some college preferred.
- Must be available to work a flexible schedule including evenings and weekends.
- Lifting Requirements: At least 20-50 pounds
- Should be able to travel as needed.
- Valid driver's license and access to reliable transportation required.
- Mileage reimbursed.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed.
Deadline: Open until filled.
Follow instructions on this page to apply for this position. Include cover letter and resume with your application.