DIVISION: Rigaku Americas Corporation (Boston, MA)
POSITION: Field Service Engineer
REPORTS TO: XRD Service Manager
The Field Service Engineer position will be primarily based out of Boston, MA and will involve the installation, maintenance and repair of Analytical Xray Equipment, Xray HV Power Supplies, Xray Detection Devices, Automation Devices, CCD Cameras, Cryogenic Equipment and other relate devices. This position requires a large amount of travel Monday thru Friday, with the possibility of some weekend and holiday work. Periodic trips to Texas and Japan for training will be needed, so a valid Driver’s License and Passport are required.
- Service and maintain customer analytical x-ray equipment and associated devices.
- Complete installations of X-ray Generators, Optics, Detections Devices and Cryo systems. Trouble shooting, maintenance and repair of stated equipment.
- Install and modify system software as needed for equipment applications.
- Customer phone assistance for preliminary troubleshooting and diagnostics.
- Perform customer training on the alignment and use of client's analytical systems.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to obtain security clearance to customer and governmental facilities required.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work in a clean room environment.