MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- High school graduate or GED
- Possess a valid driver’s license Class A CDL with tanker and hazmat endorsements
- Must have knowledge of DOT regulations governing safe driving, hours of service, inspection and maintenance and transportation of hazardous materials.
- Possess a Transportation Worker Identification Card (TWIC)
- Ability to deal professionally and courteously with co-workers and customers.
- CDL driving experience of 2+ years.
- Physically capable of using equipment to load and unload tanker trucks, including pulling hoses and climbing onto the top of the tanker.
- Physically able to participate in heavy lifting, bending, squatting, climbing, carrying hoses/nozzles/fittings weighing 50 lbs.
- Experience driving in snow, ice, and wet conditions.
- Able to withstand exposure to dust, fumes and high noise volumes.
- Demonstrate patience during load/wait- times/traffic adversity and conditions.
- Pass a pre-employment physical and drug screen test.
Must be able to work in all types of climates and conditions indoors and outdoors to include heat, cold, rain, snow and ice. Must be able to withstand exposure to dust, fumes, hazardous materials and high noise volumes. Must be able to drive for extended periods of time. Some stress related work due to transportation logistics, customer issues and concerns. May be required to work alternative shifts, long hours, weekends and work additional signed loads in compliance with DOT regulations.
AC&T is an employee-at-will company. Job Descriptions are in no way to be construed as a contract of employment. AC&T reserves the right to change duties without notice to accommodate business requirements. I acknowledge that I have received a copy of this job description and I understand the requirements for the position as described