Our therapists provide individual, family, and group therapy to youth, families, and adults through a variety of therapeutic modalities in order to alleviate identified mental health, behavioral, and/or substance use problems.
As a Senior Therapist, you will serve as a leader within the agency providing expertise and input to assure the stability and growth of behavioral health services. Duties include clinical and/or administrative supervision of intern(s) and BHIS provider(s) and individual, family, and group therapy to youth and families through a variety of therapeutic modalities.
A day in the life of a Senior Therapist can look like
- Determining client's need for treatment and additional assessment, and making appropriate referrals for additional services and supports.
- Establishing an individualized and client-centered treatment plan designed to guide the therapeutic work with the client/family.
- Providing therapeutic treatment in individual, group, and family sessions while maintaining accurate, up-to-date clinical documentation.
- Meeting agency established expectations for an average of client services provided in a week/month.
- Advocating for and securing other services and resources as needed for clients to address identified problem areas.
- Providing crisis intervention for clients and families in emergency situations.
- Submitting court testimony when appropriate or required.
- Providing training to other departments or within the community as needed.
- Sharing the on-call rotation periodically to support the outpatient clinic after hours and on weekends.
- Meeting with assigned supervisees regularly providing support for their professional growth, career development, and/or disciplinary intervention as deemed necessary.
What we offer
- A fun team environment
- Mission-driven work
- Wellness program offerings
- Discounts on pet insurance
- Flexible shift and hours
- Training and development opportunities
- Development of employment skills that you can take with you anywhere: teamwork, problem-solving, adaptability, communication, leadership, creativity
Full-Time Employee Benefits include:
- Medical, dental, vision, and life insurance
- Supplemental accident, critical illness, and hospital indemnity insurance
- Birthday as a paid day off
- Paid time off
- Holiday pay
- Employee Assistance Program
- Years of service recognition
- YSS is a qualified employer under the Public Student Loan Forgiveness Program.
We are YSS
Since we first opened our doors in 1976, YSS has remained committed to positively impacting the lives of children, youth, and families, giving what many have never experiencedopportunity and hope for a brighter future. Thanks to our donors, volunteers, staff, and leadership, we continue to help youth stand strong. Every day.