Come join our Clinic Team at Santiam Hospital & Clinics! We are a 5-star rated Hospital and voted 2021’s Best of the Mid-Valley for Best Hospital, Best Place to Have a Baby, and Best Local Surgery Center!
We are seeking Medical Assistants to enhance our healthcare team of innovative leaders.
Santiam Hospital & Clinics is an independent, not-for-profit, 40 bed acute-care community-based hospital with 13 clinics across 8 specialties settled in the foothills of the Cascades serving many recreational sites as well as agricultural communities. We are an ever growing, progressive, up-to-date healthcare facility that is proud to serve our community and care for our friends and neighbors, ensuring the highest quality of care is delivered.
Compensation: $17.50 - $25.00 per hour, DOE
Job Summary: Full-time, part-time, half-time, and PRN available.
Department Description: Santiam Hospital runs 13 clinics across 8 specialties where Medical Assistants, working with providers they trust, can utilize all their skills from drawing blood, rooming patients and assisting in minor procedures. We are an ever growing, progressive, up-to-date health care facility, who truly cares about their staff. Our family practice and internal medicine clinics are well-established, providing excellent care to our surrounding communities. Our Orthopedic, OB/GYN, General Surgery, and Pulmonary clinics are rapidly growing with highly influential and skilled providers.
- Measure and record vital signs
- Prepare patients for examinations
- Assist provider with exams and minor procedures
- Perform basic lab tests and EKGs
- Prepare and administer medications and immunizations
- Prior authorizations for procedures, testing, DME supplies etc.
- Triage of patient phone calls
- Work with team to maintain Patient Centered Medical Home certification
- Assist with care management of chronic diseases
- Assist with Quality Improvement projects
- Regular communication with providers regarding patient care both verbally and through the EMR
- Knowledge of and adherence to OSHA safety standards
- Protect patients' rights by maintaining confidentiality of personal, medical and financial information per HIPAA.