At Intellihot, our mission for endless progress is possible because of our people. Through hard work and commitment to our mission, our team is leading the fight to reduce global emissions and make the world a better place. Join our team today and start building your career with one of Fast Company’s top 100 Best Workplaces for Innovators!
As a leading producer in Green Energy technology, Intellihot employs more than 100 people across the globe. Our company offers its customers transformative, next-generation technology solutions to transform the built environment, providing customers with increased efficiency, reliability, safety, and sustainability. Our products have reduced more than 8 BILLION pounds of CO 2 emissions. Join us in making the world a safer and healthier place. Based in Vernon Hills, IL with our manufacturing facility in Galesburg, IL, Intellihot is a leading manufacturer of tankless hot water heaters and other green energy technology including the world’s first tankless electric heat pump for commercial purposes which we showcased at the AHR expo in February 2023. The company is committed to empowering our people to accomplish more to help others and the next generation.
This position develops and improves manufacturing processes by studying our product and manufacturing methods.
Duties / Responsibilities:
- Evaluates manufacturing processes for varieties in production by designing and conducting research programs; applying knowledge of product design, fabrication, assembly, tooling, and materials; conferring with equipment vendors; soliciting observations from operators.
- Develops manufacturing processes to eliminate varieties by studying product requirements; researching, designing, modifying, and testing manufacturing methods and equipment; conferring with equipment vendors.
- Improves manufacturing efficiency by analyzing and planning workflow, space requirements, and equipment layout.
- Assures product and process quality by designing testing methods; testing finished- product and process capabilities; establishing standards; confirming manufacturing processes for presented solutions.
- Provides manufacturing decision-making information by calculating production, labor, and material costs; reviewing production schedules; estimating future requirements.
- Prepares product and process reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Provides manufacturing engineering information by answering questions and requests.
- Maintains product and company reputation by complying with government regulations.
- Keeps equipment operational by coordinating maintenance and repair services; following manufacturer's instructions and established procedures; requesting special service.
- Assist in the revising of the Manufacturing BOM and production drawings and makes sure that they are readily accessible, updated and corrected per the ECN process.
- Utilize Windchill and NetSuite to ensure systems error proof and reliable.
- Assist in the maintenance and updating of the Production Book.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed