Required Education and Experience
- High school diploma or GED.
- At least 2 years’ experience in food service.
- ServSafe Certification required.
- Degree in culinary arts or nutrition a plus.
Required Knowledge/Skills/Position Qualifications
- Cultural Humility
- Must be a CA resident and live at least 75 miles from the office and must be available for in-person meetings at the DWC offices.
- Must provide documentation of a negative COVID-19 test result from the last seven days, on first day of hire.
- Must provide documentation of a negative TB test result within the last twelve months, on first day of hire.
- You will be required to have received at least the first dose of COVID-19 vaccination to start employment with DWC, and second dose must be received within 30 days from the first day of hire.
BENEFITS & SCHEDULE:
This is temporary full-time, regular, non-exempt position and is eligible for DWC’s comprehensive benefits package which includes medical, dental, vision, parking and transportation benefits. Days and hours of work are typically Sunday 4:00 am to 2:30 pm; Monday through Thursday from 6:30 am to 5:00 pm but are subject to change in order to meet operation needs and demands. Weekends and public holidays availability is required.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, marital status, or medical condition.
Downtown Women’s Center provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants and actively seeks candidates who reflect the rich diversity of the communities that we serve. We are committed to a work environment that embraces and promotes individuality and inclusion. We believe that diversity and inclusion of varied perspectives, backgrounds, and life experiences is essential to our organization’s effectiveness, and allows us to serve our clients in the respectful, responsive, and understanding way that they deserve. We define diversity in broad terms to include race, ethnicity, age, gender, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, mental or physical disability, marital status, pregnancy, military and veteran status, medical condition, geography, socio-economic status, and other unique attributes that make us who we are.
Downtown Women’s Center complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.