Come work in an environment that will make you glad you're a health care professional! Use your nursing skills to provide high quality home care to terminally-ill patients.
Rainbow Hospice Care is currently accepting applications for a full-time RN Case Manager. This position is primarily day shift, but also includes a required on-call, weekend, and holiday rotation. The RN Case Manager provides skilled nursing care to patients in their homes and administers medications and treatments.
Essential duties include, but are not limited to:
- Develops and supervises the planning, coordination, and delivery of patient/family care.
- Implements physician orders and maintains communication with patients primary care physician.
- Educates family members on patient care skills, meds, treatments, use of equipment, and on signs and symptoms of the dying and grieving process.
- Maintains communication with interdisciplinary team members through participation in bi-weekly meetings.
- Visually observes and interprets changes in behavior and psychological and physiological status of patient for ongoing assessment.
- Develops nursing diagnosis and individualized care plans for each patient and modifies care plan based on ongoing assessment of patient condition.
- Documents medication given, care given, patient condition, assessment, and patient diagnosis on patient chart.
- Completes documentation in a timely manner and maintains integrity of the patient chart.
- Attends trainings and staff meetings as required.