Wage: $28-32/hour + benefits (Full-time, Monday – Friday)
Reports to: Program Manager for MLT Apprenticeship Program
Job Description: Santiam Hospital received a grant from the Bureau of Labor and Industries (BOLI) for a Medical Laboratory Technician (MLT) Apprenticeship Program. The Outreach Coordinator will be responsible for developing and implementing outreach strategies to increase program awareness and attract qualified candidates for our apprenticeship program. The successful candidate will work collaboratively with the Program Manager to identify and prioritize outreach efforts to effectively engage with community members and partners, and promote diversity, equity, and inclusion within the program.
1. Develop and implement a comprehensive outreach plan to increase program awareness and attract qualified candidates from priority populations.
2. Build and maintain relationships with community-based organizations, workforce development agencies, educational institutions, and other stakeholders to promote the program and identify potential candidates.
3. Coordinate and participate in outreach events, job fairs, and other recruitment activities to connect with potential candidates and provide information about the program.
4. Develop and distribute outreach materials, including brochures, flyers, and other marketing materials to support outreach efforts.
5. Maintain accurate records of outreach activities and candidate interactions, and provide regular reports to the Program Manager.
6. Work collaboratively with the Program Manager to identify and prioritize outreach efforts, and provide input and recommendations to inform program development and implementation.
7. Support the program's commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion by implementing strategies to increase access and opportunity for underrepresented populations.