A qualified intern will be pursuing a degree in production Agriculture or related field. This internship will also include operational duties that include but are not limited to: delivering products, assist with inventory management, plant maintenance. This individual will attend Answer Plot® sessions, conduct weed and insect identifications, record Agronomic crop information, take soil, tissue, and nematode samples, and assist in fertilizer, seed and crop protection product delivery. This intern should be prepared to work in a fast-paced team environment and will finish the internship having gained broad experience in various aspects of our Agronomy Department.
All Sales & Marketing interns will attend a one day orientation training to go over company policies and procedures as well as expectations for the summer and safety training.
Sales & Marketing Interns responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Assist Agronomy Advisor in all agronomic supporting duties
- Assist in all operational duties of the location
- Scout grower fields and report all data collected
- Effectively take soil and tissue samples and submit per all necessary steps
- Deliver and distribute crop protection and fertilizer products when necessary
- Accurately place seed and precision marketing signage
- Communicate effectively with growers and cooperative staff
- Perform all other duties as assigned
Sales & Marketing Interns must be 18 years of age or older and possess a valid driver’s license with a good driving record. The schedule runs roughly from late May through mid-August running Monday through Friday with occasional Saturdays. Work hours are approximately 7 AM to 5 PM with a need for flexibility to adjust for seasonal requirements.