Are you passionate about diagnosing and solving customer/diesel truck issues, & working with other talented mechanics? Join Cumberland International Trucks, where you'll earn a competitive hourly wage (not flat rate) + monthly efficiency bonus, yearly boot & tool allowance, certificate reimbursements, $500 bonuses for referring friends & family, excellent benefits & overtime after 40 hours/week. We're seeking experienced Diesel Technicians to join our service team in Nashville, TN. Your day to day includes diagnosing & completing minor to major diesel repairs on class 6, 7, 8 & 9- medium, heavy & severe duty trucks, school, passenger, & coach buses; repairs & preventative maintenance on engines, brakes, drums, shoes, hydraulics, clutches, transmissions, etc. Work with all make & model trucks, buses & parts- brands like Cummins, International, IC Bus, Fleetrite & other leading manufacturers in the marketplace.
- Sign-On Bonus / Monthly Efficiency Bonuses / Yearly Boot & Tool Allowance
- Relocation Assistance (for qualified candidates) / Paid Birthday off
- Paid on the job Training & Education / Overtime Pay accrued after 40 hours/week
- Career Path with steps to earn more, learn more, & grow as a LEADER
- We’re in the business of developing people / Sundays are for Faith, Family & Football- no work on Sundays
- Earn more with a CDL & ASE certification!
- Review work orders, evaluate necessary tasks & prepare plans after fully assessing vehicle issues.
- Run diagnostic tests on diesel engines & interpret results to offer suitable solutions.
- Inspect vehicle systems, including suspensions, steering & electrical. Repair or replace transmissions, brakes, engines & other associated parts.
- Test drive repaired vehicles to gauge their performance. Complete oil changes, wheel balancing, alignment & brake checks.
- Maintain records of parts replaced on serviced vehicles. Notify service consultant of any additional services needed & complete upon authorization.
- Provide details of the repair on the work order including the three Cs: Customer Complaint, Cause, & Correction.
- Ensure that guest vehicles are returned to customer as clean as they were prior to being serviced. Treat all guests, visitors & dealership personnel with the utmost respect & courtesy.
- Strictly adhere to manufacturer policies & procedures as they relate to labor operations, time & repair order documentation when performing warranty repairs & torque specs.
- Provide the administrative assistance necessary to complete warranty repair orders & other tasks assigned by management or required by the warranty administrator.
- Update repair advocate & case files throughout the day & at the end of your shift.
- Update Service Supervisor prior to the end of the shift the status of the repair. Return the work order packet with the keys inside at the end of your shift.
- Check OEM website for components or repairs requiring pre-approval. Provide ECM image & OEM documentation completely filled out & included in the work order jacket.
- Tag all warranty cores with VIN number & RO number & have the work order signed when the cores are turned in by the Warranty Administrator or Service Foreman.
- Complete all technical training & OEM educational requirements in the specified timeframe.
- Produce quality work that paints pride of workmanship. Maintain your workspace in an organized & clean manner.
As one of the top family-owned truck dealers in North America, we pride ourselves on offering a fun and empowering, customer-first culture with huge growth opportunities! If you are looking to start a Career, Cumberland offers a Career Path- not just a job, in a positive and safe work environment aligning with our core values.
No state income tax. What does this mean? Work hard and earn more. Take advantage of a great place to work and great place to live today.