This position supports the work of the Wichita Falls Y, a leading non-profit, charitable organization committed to strengthening community through youth development, healthy living, and social responsibility. Under the direction of the Youth Development Executive Director, the Youth Development Director is responsible for leading the development and operations of the Before & Afterschool and Day Camp programs. The position will focus on building relationships in the community, increasing enrollment in all program areas, developing new programs, supervising part-time staff, and managing department budget.
The Youth Development Director is the face of our youth programs and interacts with members daily - great interpersonal skills are a must!
Our mission and core values are brought to life by our culture. In the Y, we strive to live our cause of strengthening communities with purpose and intentionality every day. We are welcoming: we are open to all. We are a place where you can belong and become. We are genuine: we value you and embrace your individuality. We are hopeful: we believe in you and your potential to become a catalyst in the world. We are nurturing: we support you in your journey to develop your full potential. We are determined: above all else, we are on a relentless quest to make our community stronger beginning with you.
- Manages, directs, and coordinates all aspects of after-school childcare and summer day camp for branch.
- Develop and implement high-quality childcare curricula and safe activities for students of various ages and developmental stages.
- Develop and maintain a positive childcare leadership team, working toward the same goals and with a vision of offering high quality, high-value programs for participants.
- Directly recruit, train, supervise, and develop part-time staff and volunteers.
- Ensures that program standards are met and safety procedures followed.
- Develop and maintain relationships with school district administration, parent groups and other organizations and agencies related to assigned programs.
- Secure, monitor, and oversee transportation of participants – from school and on field trips.
- Develop and monitor program budget to meet fiscal objectives.
- Coordinate program information and registration procedures.
- Coordinate program growth through marketing and promotional materials.
- Establish new program activities and expand program within the community in accordance with the Association and branch strategic plans.
- Participate and support annual fundraising efforts and special events.
- Engaging Community
- Communication & Influence
- Developing Self & Others
- Bachelor’s degree in related field preferred or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Previous supervisory experience in youth development preferred.
- Knowledge of childcare licensing requirements.
- Staff supervision and scheduling experience.
- Ability to thrive in a high paced, flexible environment.
- Excellent computer skills and experience with standard business software.
- Ability to relate effectively to diverse groups of people for all social and economic segments of the community.
- A valid driver’s license.
- YMCA Team Leader certification preferred.