The law firm of Norris McLaughlin, P.A. in Bridgewater, New Jersey has an immediate need for a full-time Accounts Payable Coordinator to join the team.
The candidates should have 2 years of accounting experience. The position provides the opportunity to work both independently and as part of our team. We offer a competitive salary and a generous benefits package.
- Process vendor invoices and reconcile statements
- Process monthly expense reports
- Fund and reconcile various vendor accounts
- Reconcile and enter credit card statements
- Assist with month end and year end accounts payable reporting
- Process operating account check requests
- Regular office attendance
- Assist with other accounting functions as needed
- Understand functionality of all office equipment and systems
- Attend educational workshops, joining professional associations, building networks with fellow professional, and reviewing of industry publications to understand best industry practices
- College degree in accounting, business, or related discipline; or relevant accounting experience in a professional services firm
- Strong understanding of GAAP accounting principles and financial reporting
- Knowledge of accounting software
- Excellent organizational skills with attention to detail
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to meet deadlines
- Flexibility, responsiveness, adaptability, and professional maturity
- Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality
- Ability to function well in a high-paced and stressful environment
- Ability to communicate with personnel at all levels
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products and accounting software
To be considered for this position please fill out and submit the online application along with your cover letter and resume.
NM provides employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals based on merit, qualifications, and abilities in a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. Employment decisions are made without regard to race color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by law, in accordance with applicated federal, state, and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment.