SleepQuest, Inc. is a leader in sleep care management with best-in-class performance that is the envy of the industry. We have a Net Promoter Score (NPS) of 90, Patient Satisfaction of 96%, therapy adherence rate of 91%. And patients have given us a 4.5 star rating on Google. What’s more, we have been accredited by the gold standard in healthcare quality accreditation, the Joint Commission since 2009.
Our company was founded over 25 years ago with a simple goal: To improve the quality of care and access to care for people that suffer from sleep apnea. Our success metrics prove that we are making progress but we desire to expand nationally. Our headquarters is located in the heart of Silicon Valley, with most of our patients based in California, but with our new tech-enablement initiative, SleepQuest 2.0, we will be able to reach patients from coast to coast with our expanded telehealth services. Our national growth plan requires that we add to our core of dedicated professionals, whose average tenure is 15 years.
Our bond as an organization is in our mission, which is “to improve the quality of life for sufferers of sleep apnea”. If you are looking to make a positive difference and work with a team of like-minded professionals, we invite you to apply for our open position.
About the Role:
In this role you’ll be a part of our patient service center team. You’ll be the face of SleepQuest, working directly with patients to help them sleep well by guiding them through the proper set-up for overnight home sleep testing and therapeutic equipment (CPAP, Auto PAP and BiLevel). You’ll have hands on experience with our Durable Medical Equipment and help provide our patients with the right resources and instructions over the phone or in person; many of whom are diagnosed with Obstructive Sleep Apnea (OSA).
As a Respiratory Therapist you will:
Educate our patients on Obstructive Sleep Apnea (OSA)
- Provide information to patients regarding OSA
- Occasionally review Dx study with patient
- Assistpatients through at home sleep studies
- Educate patients on equipment usage in person and via phone
Prepare and dispense Durable Medical Equipment
- Provide Cleanup and service equipment
- Inform supervisor when clinical supplies need re-ordering
- Complete Compliance within 90 days either in-person or by phone and send to MD and billing department
Maintain compliance measures
- Chart patient encounters in ourmedical billing software
- Communicate with patients regarding insurance compliance requirements
- Ensure that all necessary paperwork and work orders are complete
- Other ad-hoc projects/responsibilities as needed.
What we're looking for:
- AA degree OR Medical Assistance Certification OR 2+ years' hands-on experience in a medical office environment. (Successful candidate will train for a one-year period to become a Device Licensee.)
- Basic Knowledge of Obstructive Sleep Apnea (OSA)
- Previous experience using electronic health record systems
- Strong computer skills, to include proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
- Preferred but not required:
- Device Licensee, Polysomnography Technologist and/or Respiratory Therapist certification highly preferred.
- Working knowledge of CPAP equipment is a plus.
- Experience with database management systems, such as Brightree a strong plus
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Detail oriented, ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Bi-lingual a plus
We’ve got you covered!
- 100% fully sponsored medical insurance (base plan)
- Vision, dental insurance…
- 401k: We’ll match you at 2% for your 401k benefits if you choose to opt in
- Employee Assistance Program
- Guardian offers a 24 hour 7 days a week hotline so you may access the following services and more; consultative services, access to legal and financial assistance and resources, work -life assistance, etc.
- Free life insurance up to $50,000 coverage via Guardian
- Quarterly educational sessions on Sleep Apnea hosted by Dr. Pelayo, a sleep medicine clinician at the Stanford Sleep Disorders Clinic
Additional benefit options for you to choose from:
- Opportunity to opt into a HSA eligible plan
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- Full-time Monday Friday onsite, 8:30-5:00 w/ ½ hour lunch and two 10-minute breaks
- Non-Exempt (Overtime must be approved in advance with manager)
- Reports to Sr Manager Patient Care
- No on call required and no invasive procedure responsibilities
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer
- Needs to occasionally move about inside the office area to access file cabinets, machinery, etc.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at a time
- Must be able to show proof of COVID vaccination or exemption upon hire