HFA has an opportunity for a civil engineering designer or EIT to develop a full set of construction documents as part of a multi-discipline team. This includes: designing erosion control, demolition, site, grading, drainage and utility plans using Civil 3D and/or AutoCAD. This will include coordinating with other disciplines during the design process in order to achieve the best design possible for the client. Candidates need 3 or more years of professional design experience. We seek individuals that want to grow technically and in leadship skills.
A key to your success is to continuously build a design knowledge-base. Learning from redlines and applying that knowledge to the next project.
Objectives for this person include:
- Develop a full set of construction documents as part of a multi-discipline design team and to recognize the interconnectedness of a design and initiate coordination with other disciplines when collaboration is needed.
- Clearly communicate design issues and solutions to others on the design team.
- Multi-task and be organized while working on several projects within the same or overlapping time frames.
- Have an organized understanding of all projects currently being worked on and be able to give updates as requested.
- Create buildable and clear construction drawing sets.
- Develop personal and professional skills to further your career and achieve licensure.
- Designer will assist Civil Engineer and/or Civil Team Lead to design, implement, and draft construction documents.
- Designer should utilize education and experience to independently tackle challenges as they arise on projects, with the support and/or direction of the Civil Engineer or Civil Team lead.
- Designer should start to apply knowledge gained from design standards and experience into construction documents, with oversight from Civil Engineer or Civil Team Lead.
- Designer will develop skills in AutoCAD Civil 3D, relevant local and national codes, travel to project as necessary (as required by client).
- Designer will work in a collaborative environment with Architects and other engineers to develop construction documents based on a clients' requirements.
- Designer shall perform quality control of their own work prior to giving to Civil Engineer for final review.
- Depending on needs of client and team, Designer could have direct contact with client on a regular basis.
HFA is a multidisciplinary architectural, engineering, and interior design firm who thrives in a people first driven environment. We build partnerships based on the integration of design thinking and project delivery. We believe that our people are our greatest asset, and we have developed an employee-centric culture where we value our people above all else.
With a focus on employee well-being, we offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, and vision coverage, disability and life insurance, a 401(k) with company match, and a flexible hybrid work schedule. Our employees have access to professional development opportunities and learning stipends to pursue professional growth, and we take any chance we can get to recognize and reward our team members for their amazing work.