Now accepting applications for the Thirteenth Floor Los Angeles Haunted Hayride Performance Manager role!
This Performance Manager role is a seasonal, part-time role at the Los Angeles Haunted Hayride. This position reports directly to the General Manager.
Responsible for directing and overseeing the overall Acting onsite including both the Hayride, Mazes, Roamers and Icon Characters. Responsible for training, motivating and disciplining Attraction Leads, Runners and Actors. Must ensure performers adherence to company policies and safety standards; maintain quality control of the entire show including haunted house and outdoor performers; responsible for reporting any damage or repairs to sets, props, etc. to Production, Costume and Makeup Departments.
- Serve as an assistant to the General Manager performing regular quality control checks of pre-show, in-show and post show performance
- Develop/Schedule Training Calendar for Performers
- Conduct Pre-season Training for Performance Departments and Mid-season Training for late hires
- Assists the GM in hiring and interviewing Attraction Leads and Runners
- Develop and retain a core group of Actors for the season
- Coordinate supply needs with General Manager
- Identify struggling or ineffective scare techniques; then work with GM to create solutions
- Monitor safety, guest throughput and correct choke issues
- Maintain standard of Show Quality set by the General Manager and Production Department
- Schedule Performance staff to meet operational needs of the GM and Attractions
- Communicate and Assist GM on Live News/Media appearances
- Attend weekly managerial staff meetings
- Complete portion of Weekly Recap for GM
- Identify future management candidates
Show Night Responsibilities
- Responsible for the overall success of the performance in the haunted houses, town square and mazes
- Manage actor sign check in and checkouts
- Oversee placement of actors in all attractions
- Pre-show walk through 10 minutes before show is open
- Walk through minimum of 4 times a night to ensure quality control
- Oversee all performance staff through start of show and end of show processing
- Ensure attraction is ready to open on time. Work with Production Techs, Costume, Makeup and GM in coordinating start of shift logistics and issues
- Once open, continually move through attractions and lot constantly checking on actors and ensuring proper breaking procedures are being followed
- Immediately address issues inside attractions as needed (safety, something broke, actor is scaring incorrectly, Guests not scared, not enough energy from staff, etc.)
- Motivate and energize performance staff
- Assign break times to have Runners carry out
- Coach scene actors on scare techniques like timing, intensity, misdirection, etc.
- Nightly notes on show performance for Weekly Recap.