Job Description: Computer and Technology Teacher
Guadalupe Centers Charter Schools are a free, open enrollment, public charter school currently serving students in grades Pre-K-12. Guadalupe Centers Charter Schools are part of the Guadalupe Educational System, Inc. (GES) under Guadalupe Centers, Inc. It is sponsored by the University of Central Missouri. The vision of GES is to empower students to succeed in college and their chosen professions by providing a rigorous and enriching learning experience that develops highly educated, socially conscious, culturally competent, contributing members of society.
Summary: The computer/technology teacher provides strong, effective instruction and staff development in the area of computer use and related technologies to support the instructional process.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: (Other duties may be assigned).
- Maintains basic file server and installs instructional software.
- Trains students and staff associated with integrated software applications, word processor applications, database applications, and spreadsheet applications and methods of integrating technology in the classroom.
- Identifies appropriate web-based resources that are correlated to the core curriculum to improve instruction and enhance student learning.
- Uses electronic mail to support instruction.
- Selects, connects, and uses appropriate peripherals associated with the School LAN computer lab server or classroom based pcs or networks.
- Designs, delivers, and assesses student learning activities that integrate computing and/or instructional technology use for a variety of student grouping strategies for diverse student populations.
- Assess staff computing deficiencies and create training opportunities designed to meet the needs of individual, grade level, and school staff as well as ways to support the core curriculum.
- Describes and implements troubleshooting techniques.
- Keeps current on instructional principles, research, and appropriate assessment practices as related to the use of computers and technology resources in the curriculum.
Application Process: PLEASE COMPLETE AN APPLICATION WHICH MAY BE FOUND AT WWW.GUADALUPECENTERS.ORG UNDER EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES. IF A POSITION REQUIRES A DEGREE, PLEASE ATTACH COPY OF TRANSCRIPTS/AND OR/ DEGREE CERTIFICATE TO YOUR APPLICATION. OTHER ATTACHMENTS SUCH AS COVER LETTER OR RESUME CAN ALSO BE UPLOADED AND ATTACHED TO THE APPLICATION.
Guadalupe Centers, Inc. conforms to all the laws, statutes, and regulations concerning equal employment opportunities and affirmative action. We strongly encourage women, minorities individuals with disabilities and veterans to apply to all of our job openings. We are Equal Opportunity Employer, who fully and actively supports equal access for all qualified applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability status, Genetic Information or Testing, Family & Medical Leave, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law, and prohibits retaliation against individuals who bring forth any complaint, orally or in writing, to the employer or the government, or against any individuals who assist or participate in the investigation of any complaint, or otherwise oppose discrimination.