The Dual Language Instructional Specialist provides instructional guidance to Participate teachers, with an emphasis on the global dual language (DL) classroom. The Instructional Specialist is responsible for supporting DL teachers’ adjustment, instructional performance, diagnosing problems and providing feedback in coordination with Participate and onsite school administration. The Instructional Specialist will be responsible for day-to-day support for assigned teachers and as needed, providing timely 1:1 instructional performance feedback, coaching (virtual and on-site), targeted 1:1 and small group instructional and curriculum resource support with a focus on teacher success and retention.
Essential Functions (include but are not limited to):
- Provides instructional guidance and leadership to program educators regarding methodology and best practices related to global and dual language instruction, model, and programmatic expectations.
- Visits teachers in school setting, as necessary, to assess instructional performance, identify issues and needed supports
- Provides feedback to help teacher address any instructional issues; documents visits & provides information of progress as needed.
- Provides instructional modelling, guidance for global and dual language teachers.
- In collaboration with team and other departments, coordinates online community activity.
- In collaboration with other Participate staff, maintains consistency in program experience for teachers and administrators with regards to communications and support.
- Uses active listening, reasoning and judgment skills in communicating with educators and applies Participate policies, regulations, and guidelines as appropriate.
- Facilitates professional development sessions to teachers as needed.