SUMMARY OF POSITION:
Primarily responsible for the maintenance, management, and administration of the ADCOM911 Records Management (RMS) System. Coordinate with the designated PSAP points of contact to ensure 24/7/365 functionality and reliability. Effectively and efficiently communicate with our member agency representatives to resolve technical issues as they arise. Ensure accountability and timely resolution of issues within the CAD, Mobile, and RMS systems, as they occur, per ADCOM911’s IT Response Policy. This position will also be responsible, in conjunction with the IT team, for maintaining, troubleshooting, and resolving issues that may arise with all systems that we support, i.e., data center hardware/software, domain, exchange, MS products, workstations, etc. Requires scheduled ‘On Call’ time and the ability to provide twenty-four (24) hour, seven (7) day a week remote availability for the emergency diagnosis of critical RMS related problems.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
(The following statements are illustrative of the duties and responsibilities of the position and do not list every duty that may be required of the employee for this position. ADCOM911 retains the right to change the duties and responsibilities of the position at any time without notice)
RMS Administrators have advanced understanding of current information technologies, especially with RMS systems, databases, and applications, as well as the technical skill to work with current technological tools and perform advanced problem solving independently. This position must facilitate teamwork and agency morale when managing projects while developing effective working relationships with peers, management, and user agency personnel.
- Act as a subject matter expert on RMS, Mobile, and CAD systems, and maintain the daily operations of those systems.
- Ensure that deployment of new modules, systems, and RMS upgrades are carried out appropriately.
- Effectively interact and communicate with PSAP and user agency personnel.
- Schedule, facilitate, perform, and test RMS data updates from the production, test, and training environments.
- Troubleshoot RMS system problems, document anomalies, and review error logs.
- Provide routine and system level maintenance to all systems maintained by ADCOM911.
- Work proactively to identify potential issues; recommend and implement preventive solutions.
- Accept and track open cases/help desk tickets; work with appropriate personnel to ensure timely resolution of issues.
- Review software release notes. Clarify, explain, define release notes, updates, and changes for new and updated functionality, features, and hot fixes. Work with RMS Task Force to determine if the above is appropriate for our environment.
- Test new RMS versions of updated/changed functionality, features, and hot fixes.
- Attend meetings and training classes related to ADCOM911 systems.
- Act as a liaison between ADCOM911, member agencies, and stakeholders as it relates to system functionality.
- Establish and maintain cooperative working relationships both within and outside ADCOM911; exercise good judgment in representing ADCOM911.
- Attend RMS, and other system user group meetings and relevant training.
- Identify and analyze system and user needs, and equipment requirements.
- Write documentation, including policies, procedures, SOPs, and how-to guides.
- Respond to critical system outages outside of normal business hours on a 24/7 basis.
- Perform other duties as required or assigned.