- Must have completed one full year of college.
- Must be at least two years older than the oldest camper age group (oldest camper =17 years old).
- Experience working/volunteering with youth.
- Must have strong communication and human relations skills.
- Able to accept supervision and guidance and assist in activities where needed.
- Desire to live and work in a remote camp community.
- Desire to work with children and the ability to supervise them in related activities.
- Good character, integrity, flexibility, and adaptability.
- Enthusiasm, sense of humor, patience, and self-control.
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of this position successfully.
- Desired Qualifications (not required)
- Certification in lifeguard training (American Red Cross)
- First aid and CPR
Specific Responsibilities (Examples of Duties):
You are “Photographer Staff”
- Be competent with (or be willing to be trained in);
- SmugMug/CampMinder Upload
- PhotoBucket (staff photos)
- Camp duties
- Taking photos and uploading them to SmugMug/CampMinder daily
- Taking “Team Photos” each session and ordering them from Shutterfly
- Creating the comprehensive final night slideshow
- Working on daily photos and uploading appropriate ones
You are “Social Media Staff”
- Working with Guided Discoveries Social Media Head
- Brainstorming, and creating weekly content as assigned by Media Head
- Meeting once weekly with social media team
- 6 hours per week spent on social media projects
- Includes weekly meeting
- Content gathering, creation and delegation
You are “Audio Visual Staff”
- Assisting with the set-up of all AV needs as part of a larger team
- Working with the Head Counselor(s) to set up for camp events
- Learning how to correctly set-up all AV equipment
You are “Counseling Staff”
- Train with counselors in all categories pertaining to camper interaction
- Eat with campers at least 2 meals a day
- Night Watch every night (after Campers are asleep)
- When available join fellow counselors in respective villages during the day
- When not taking photos or working on essential social media, be present at Rec Time and evening program
- When not working on photos/Social media be out and engage with campers
- As best as possible, work to get all necessary tasks done during the day
- All kinds of logistics
- Any other task deemed fit by Camp Director and Head Counselor(s)
- Ability to communicate any problems with staff or campers to Camp Director/Head Counselor(s).
- Must be able to effectively work with the campers, counselors, supervisors and other staff.
- Ability to assist campers and staff in the transition of camp life.
- Good physical condition with mobility, visual and auditory skills to maintain control of 8-10 campers in a variety of environments (in the dorms, on hikes, in learning sessions, in the water, etc).
- Ability to lift, carry and move heavy objects when necessary.
- Good communication and organization skills are necessary to ensure a good experience for the staff and campers.
- Ability to properly respond to emergency situations and enforce appropriate safety rules.
- Full meals at the camp dining hall when the kitchen is in operation.
- Workers compensation insurance and State disability insurance.
- Ability to participate in camp programs.
- Opportunity to live and work in a beautiful outdoor environment.
First year PSAV will receive $350.00 per week, along with opportunities to make extra money with extra responsibilities. (i.e. lifeguarding).
You will receive detailed training during our staff training program. However, we would recommend becoming familiar and comfortable with the following;
- The use of all social media tools (facebook, instagram, etc) and best practices (director will share links to articles if hired)
- Storage, organization, and uploading of photos and media
- Our camp slideshow layout (director will share if hired)
- DSLR use and basic photography principles
- GoPro use
- Waterproof Camera use
- Speakers and other music systems
If you are able to start building knowledge in these areas ahead of time, it would be highly beneficial. Our Summer Camp Director will be happy to share what they can ahead of the start of your employment with us.