About Unity College:
For more than fifty years, Unity College has been preparing the next generation of environmental professionals and leaders to successfully face real-world challenges. With environmentally focused degrees, Unity College offers affordable and accessible degrees, certificates, and non-degree courses, through a variety of modalities including hybrid, in-person, hyflex, and online.
Through the framework of sustainability science, Unity College provides a liberal arts education that emphasizes the environment and natural resources. Utilizing experiential and collaborative learning, our graduates emerge as responsible citizens, environmental stewards, and visionary leaders.
As an ambassador for design the Product Designer (PD) tackles big challenges and leads the development of business-to-business non-credit products for Unity College Sustainable Ventures (SV). The primary responsibility of the PD is to develop innovative learning solutions through engaging pedagogy and various methodologies. With a solid foundation in instructional design principles, this position works with subject matter experts (SMEs) and business partners to develop non-credit courses, corporate learning, and micro-credentials. The PD provides guidance on aligning competencies, assessments, and objectives to optimize learning and provide continuous improvement. This position works closely with the Vice President of Sustainable Ventures in collaboration with stakeholders to oversee processes and resources, product documents, and other related materials and is based out of New Gloucester, Maine.
- Deliver strong, creative learning solutions to complex user problems.
- Liaise closely with the business-to-business partnership team to ensure efficient handoffs of build tasks, timelines, and benchmarks.
- Establish a culture of Agile product development, including mindset, processes, best practices, tools and nomenclature.
- Oversee all phases of the design process, aligning content to outcomes, while creating instructionally sound and engaging learning opportunities, and developing quality assessment tools.
- Provide pedagogical guidance to author original content, designing, and developing high quality, innovative, non-credit learning products, applying the appropriate learning and instructional theories.
- Development engaging and immersive, multi modal learning, while incorporating cutting edge digital media into the e-learning platform, including but not limited to live classroom, virtual live, on-demand, interactive multimedia, videos, VR/AR, AI based, quizzes, and gamification solutions, etc.
- Develop and lead trainings on instructor and client support materials, including tutorials, orientations, help sessions, and workshops, as needed.
- Provides product design services, consultation and assistance to help plan, coordinate, support, evaluate and improve learning products.
- Appraise learning content quality in terms of design, writing, and editing.
- Oversee design revisions and outcomes-based improvements of existing products.
- Remain current and maintain a thorough understanding of the latest industry technology tools and trends in EdTech and non-credit learning.
- Work with the VP of SV in collaboration with stakeholders to develop new services and test new products and learning technologies.
- Pro-actively communicate challenges, successes, and failures with leadership.
- Other duties as assigned.
Full job description provided at time of interview.