What the Director, Thriving Earth Exchange brings to the team:
- Excellent organizational and project management skills, including the ability to identify process inefficiencies and develop solutions, and to manage multiple complex projects at the same time on a tight deadline.
- Ability to write successful grants and successfully achieve and track grant outcomes.
- Ability to create and manage budgets.
- Demonstrated track record of independent decision making and sound judgement based on Thriving Earth Exchange principles and AGU values.
- Demonstrated ability to translate strategic vision/intent into a program plans and tactics.
- High degree of professionalism and accuracy.
- Demonstrated discretion on confidential matters.
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate easily and effectively with audiences and partners from all backgrounds
- 10+ years with a Bachelors Degree; 8+ years with Master’s degree; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Management experience, with demonstrated responsibility for supervising staff and projects as well as developing and implementing strategies.
- Fundraising success and grant writing experience strongly preferred.
- Experience Managing Budgets
- Experience supervising, leading, mentoring, and developing others strongly preferred.
- Experience leading community-engaged science.
AGU’s Workplace Values
We believe in accountability and ownership of work, by taking responsibility for decisions and results. We believe in member and customer service, and that they come first through providing high quality service.
We believe in excellence and giving it our all, through striving to be outstanding. We believe in integrity by doing the right thing, we achieve this by being honest and fair.
Our teams believe that with teamwork together we achieve more, we achieve this through collaboration. We believe in respect, that you earn it and give it, by open communication and collaboration.
The successful candidate for this position will be subject to a pre-employment background check and verification of vaccination against COVID-19 by the date of hire as a condition of employment, subject to requests for any legally required accommodation.
AGU proudly offers a casual work environment, excellent compensation, generous work-life opportunities, and an outstanding benefits package.
AGU is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.