We are looking for an experienced Pastry Cook to work with our kitchen team. This position is full-time, 5 days a week, 3am-11am. Must be available weekends. We offer health, dental, and vision insurance after 60 days of working full time (minimum 30 hours). After a year of continuous full-time employment, we offer two weeks of paid vacation taken at employees' regular rate of pay.
About our Culture...
Here at Tiny Boxwoods Productions we are passionate about three things: food, service, and our employees. We are always looking for good people to come and join our family and make Tiny Boxwoods Productions the best it can be!
Being part of the Tiny's team means more than just having a job. We believe in nurturing and teaching our employees, providing room to grow, and offering opportunities for leadership. The best part about Tiny's is who we get to surround ourselves with every day. We pride ourselves in our culture and the high standards we set for each other. We want people to come to work happy and feel taken care of, so they can provide the best service for our guests.
Job Purpose: Tiny's Bakery Pastry Cooks prepare and produce our cookie doughs, fresh pastries, ice cream, and prepped savory items that support Milk & Cookies, and our restaurants. Pastry Cooks care deeply about our culture and will provide a key role in contributing to our customer satisfaction. Pastry Cooks assist in the preparation and production of the daily pastries to the specifications and standards set by the Executive Pastry Chef in a fast, quick-paced and hot environment.
Duties and Responsibilities: The primary job duties and responsibilities of being a Pastry Cook include but are not limited to the following:
- Must be passionate about baking and pastries.
- Must be able to follow traditional and modern recipes.
- Knowledge in preparation and baking of dough, cookies, muffins, doughnuts, sponges, custards, scones, meringues, mousse, icing and other pastries.
- Knowledge of various doughs, custards, cookies, mousse, sponges, meringues, icings.
- Knowledge of mixing methods including creaming, whipping and folding.
- Knowledge in a specialty including and not limited to; cake decorating, sugar cookies, cinnamon roll forming, bread loafs, cake making, ice cream production, laminations, etc.
- Knowledge of finishing methods and techniques.
- Basic celebration cake building and icing.
- Ability to operate commercial baking equipment including, ovens, mixers, conveyors, and proofing cabinets.
- Ability to accurately measure baking ingredients for productions using scales or graduated containers.
- Basic knife skills including, chopping, cutting and dicing.
- Handles and stores completed products.
- Understanding of basic pastry kitchen terminology.
- Inspect food products for consistency and quality.
- Assist with the set up of banquet functions, outlet orders and breakfast production.
- Great attention to detail and problem solving skills.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing tasks effectively and quickly.
- Must adhere to sanitation, safety and food regulations.
- Maintains a clean and sanitary work station with proper mise in place.
- Must maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance, meeting the Pressed and Tailored standard.
- Must be able to speak, read, write and understand the primary language (English).
- Clear communication both verbal and written.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Tiny Boxwoods Productions offers competitive wages, daily family meals, generous employee discounts and beautiful spaces to work.