The Human Resources Intern will be given the opportunity to learn, participate, and assist in many areas of responsibility assigned to the Human Resources department. This position will allow one to impact others through a service mindset centered on making an eternal difference. This position should display our Core Values of SERVE (Serve, Equip, Relate, Value, Engage) when interfacing with both internal and external customers to ensure that the message and mission of Answers in Genesis is portrayed in an effective and God-honoring fashion. This position provides opportunities for spiritual, personal, and professional development.
- Promote the Answers in Genesis mission and standards.
- Create a SERVE culture environment in all work done.
- Approach all tasks with a second-mile mindset
- Prioritize personal integrity in all interactions and assignments
- Perform customer service functions by answering employee requests and help with resetting employee passwords.
- Assist with scheduling interviews, interviewing, and hiring seasonal and full-time employees.
- Assists with new employee onboarding and making onboarding packets.
- Assists with pre-employment drug screens and background checks.
- Assists with conducting reference checks when requested by managers.
- Assists with housing for seasonal employees by working with Housing Team
- Assists with status changes and updating employee records in the HR System.
- Keep personnel files and records up to date with e-filing.
- Assist with various HR research projects and/or special projects.
- And all other duties and responsibilities as assigned by management.