Qualifications, Skills & Experience
This position requires specific skills to be successful and to complement our existing team, including, but not limited to:
- Minimum five years of specific marketing experience
- Experience Designing and implementing strategic communication plans that include print, social media, PR, design, storytelling and impact marketing
- A track record of increasing visibility and supporting an organization with Development and Program Teams.
- Robust knowledge of market trends to enhance the organizations reach and audience.
- Understanding of how to amplify the voices of those most impacted by our program in order to tell authentic stories of impact.
- Willingness to be collaborative and supportive and to recommend process improvements to increase the efficiency of the Marketing Team.
- Computer proficiency including: Google Analytics, understanding of website design, Pardot, Asana, Microsoft Office Suite and relational databases such as SalesForce.
- Broad understanding of various social media platforms.
- Experience leading a multi-faceted team juggling multiple initiatives and tasks; supervision experience in a nonprofit setting is a plus
- Ability to manage conflicting priorities and drive time sensitive projects to completion
- Excellent relationship/partnership building skills
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal including strong presentation skills
- Strong problem analysis and problem-solving skills.
Bachelor's Degree in Marketing, Communications or related field required and/or equivalent, relevant work experience
- We offer an inclusive, casual work environment. To protect the health of our staff, we are currently working remotely.
- We are headquartered in Pleasant Hill, with an additional office in Sacramento. This position requires occasional local travel on weekdays, evenings, and weekends.
Salary Range: Starts at $75K/year, negotiable DOE (exempt position). This position is also eligible for an incentive bonus based on meeting fundraising goals for 2021.
Benefits include, but are not limited to: Medical, Dental, Vision, 403B (retirement plan), life and long-term disability insurance, vacation, sick and personal days, and federal holidays, as well as a paid Winter Break.
To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume, and complete our application through the link provided.
Special Olympics Northern California & Nevada is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, ethnic background, religion, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, national origin, or disabilities. Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities; please let us know if you need accommodations for the interview process. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates, including those with diverse backgrounds.