The Team Leader must be a mature follower of Jesus, still growing and developing in his/her faith. He/she must be fully in accordance with Carolina Creek Christian Camps (CCCC) mission statement, and statement of beliefs; committed to living these out personally, and instilling them in the organization. He/she must be of strong moral character and integrity. Must be able to fulfill all job responsibilities and physical demands, with or without reasonable accommodation. This position requires the physical ability to pass the Red Cross Lifeguard class.
- 18 years of age or older preferred
- Current valid drivers license preferred
- High school diploma, GED, or equivalent preferred
- Must be a lifeguard or able to become a lifeguard
- Must be able to pass camp specific adventure facilitation training
- Must be CPR and First Aid Certified (online courses are not accepted)
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Must be comfortable facilitating experiences in front of large and small groups.
- Must be comfortable underwater up to 13 feet.
- Must be able to swim 300 meters without stopping.
- Must be able to tread water for 2 minutes.
- Must be a team player, and willing to work in all types of weather.
- Must be flexible with an ability to adjust and problem solve in challenging situations.
- Willing to serve at any camp center or in a different role, when not serving in your primary responsibility.
- The physical environment requires the employee to work both inside and outside in hot and humid conditions. Requires sitting, standing, squatting, stooping, twisting, hiking long distances on varied terrain, shouting, ability to lift/carry anywhere from 15 to over 50 lbs., and engage in difficult and exhausting manual labor, often over long stretches of time without breaks. This position requires the physical ability to pass the Red Cross Lifeguard class.
- Adherence to company dress code and professional standards for personal grooming and appearance.
- Satisfactory completion of background investigation, as well as ability to provide proof of eligibility to work in the United States.