FLEXIBLE SHIFTS 4/6/812 HOURS
Provides nursing care through physical and mental assessments, laboratory testing, treatment plans and therapeutic treatments. Knowledgeable of a wide range of disorders; cognitive, emotional, developmental, social and behavioral. Performs crisis intervention. Participates in the department's performance improvement and continuous quality improvement (CQI) activities.
- Performs patient care responsibilities considering needs specific to the standard of care for patient's age
- Ability to provide group supervision and the ability to lead and document rehab groups
- Demonstrates knowledge of nursing process - assessments, interventions (including pain management, reassessment, management and patient/family education regarding pain), etc.
- Coordinates and supervises patient care as necessary. Provides leadership and oversite of the LPN and Mental Health Technicians. Is able to delegate and follow up on assignments
- Functions as a patient and family advocate at all times
- Demonstrates the ability to identify patient behaviors that require intervention. Continuously observes significant behaviors, actions and activities of the patients. Documents observations in the patients charts, reflecting implementation of the treatment plan. Reports any unusual occurrences
- Performs all aspects of patient care in an environment that optimizes patient safety and reduces the likelihood of medical/health care errors
- Functions as an integral part of the treatment team