The Marketing Manager is a newly created position that will work closely with the SVP, Marketing, to implement, manage and execute marketing initiatives on behalf of the Metro Atlanta Chamber’s (MAC) new strategic imperatives and play a central part in helping the organization achieve its goals. The Marketing Manager will sit within MAC’s restructured marketing team, work closely with the Public Affairs, Investor Relations, Research, Economic Development, and Innovation & Entrepreneurship departments, and collaborate daily with the Digital & Analytics Manager, Social Media Manager, and Content & Design Manager.
In this role, you will be a proactive, thoughtful, collaborative self-starter with a passion for Atlanta people, culture, and communities. You will also demonstrate a quick understanding of the Metro Atlanta Chamber's role in driving our region forward. As the lead of marketing projects, you will play an essential role in overseeing the day-to-day tactical execution of various initiatives.
DAY-TO-DAY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE (but are not limited to):
• Leading and managing the execution of cross-channel marketing programs, from start to finish, in an effort to support MAC’s objectives and drive results against MAC’s overall strategic imperatives.
• Developing strategy and implementing various marketing initiatives for the organization.
• Managing high-level initiatives and managing all aspects of projects, from assessing incoming requests to developing project management plans to include scopes, resource needs, budget, timing, and success metrics.
• Managing a marketing calendar, ensuring there is visibility into marketing initiatives and projects.
• Collaborating with the marketing team to implement, manage and execute organizational marketing efforts.
• Communicate regularly with SVP, Marketing and occasionally with team members on workload and project progress
• Evaluating the impact of marketing programs in achieving desired results and having the ability to scale the program
• Working closely with the Digital & Analytics Manager to generate data, insights, and reports on improving marketing effectiveness.
• Partnering with creative vendors and agencies, on occasion, to execute small and large-scale projects
• Working with MAC’s investors to execute collaborative partnership initiatives
• Maintain a basic understanding of the Metro Atlanta Chamber departments, partners, and key initiatives
• Degree in marketing, communications, or similar.
• 5-7 years of professional experience in marketing, public relations, corporate communications, or related experience.
• Strong project management and organization skills.
• Excellent verbal and presentation skills.
• Solid multitasking and time-management skills, with a capacity to meet deadlines, manage competing priorities, and advance multiple projects simultaneously.
• Ability to develop a marketing strategy, recommendations, and pitch decks.
• Skilled at offering a knowledgeable marketing perspective and work with a diverse cross-section of investors, partners, and stakeholders.
• Adept at coordinating various departments' efforts to present clear and consistent marketing ideas on behalf of the organization.
• Proven problem-solving skills and ability to work within teams and with available resources to deliver on requests.
• Proficient in all Microsoft Office Suite applications.
• You are passionate about marketing, branding, and creativity.
• You’re a highly organized, detail-oriented, self-starter who welcomes challenges.
• You employ a thoughtful, problem-solving approach to all MAC needs relating to marketing and communications.
• You can interpret directional ideas from others and respond with compelling and insightful concepts.
• You adopt a client-service approach to work.
• You not only have many ideas, but you’re also good at offering them – to your co-workers, senior leadership team, and partners.
• You can defend your position when you feel something negatively impacts brand, values, or overall marketing effectiveness.
ABOUT THE MARKETING TEAM:
At the core, we are storytellers. The team who jumps out of bed each day passionate to help unleash Atlanta’s ambition and show the world that Atlanta is here, now, and next. We use marketing, data, creative thinking, and content to amplify the impact in Metro Atlanta worldwide. We know our audiences and recognize those new ways to reach and engage them pop up daily. We stay on top of the trends as we work to shape hearts and minds. We help each other; we challenge each other; we encourage each other; we trust each other; we learn from each other; we laugh with each other; we succeed together; We are cultural leaders who care about Atlanta and proudly represent its history, its reputation, its people, its culture, its impact, its vibe. We think big, but we never forget that details matter. We are a center of excellence for marketing and communications.
Atlanta’s growth is fueled by restless ambition. An ambition to be a home where people and businesses can carve a path to a sustainable future. To be bold, aspire for more, and make things happen. As our region’s influence expands, Atlanta will need a guide who can focus the power of business on the needs of the people so that everyone thrives. MAC is the guide that leads to our brighter future. From our city to the region worldwide, we partner with CEOs, policymakers, and innovators to ensure the opportunity that lives here is offered to all. MAC stands at the nexus of commerce and community where anyone can make their mark, embracing our responsibility to unleash Atlanta’s ambition.