Under the direction and supervision of the Call Center Manager, the Enrollment Specialist is responsible for providing a client-centered approach, while leveraging technology to provide: benefits screenings and assessments, application assistance and renewal guidance, extensive follow-up to identify barriers and ensure service access, community outreach for education and application enrollment, problem solving and referral assistance over the phone for clients with complicated needs.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Utilize active listening and motivational interviewing techniques in a confidential setting while connecting 2-1-1 clients to community programs and services with an emphasis on benefits access.
- Maintain knowledge and expertise in eligibility, enrollment, and program specifications of CalFresh programs achieving the goal of 75 applications completed per month.
- Maintain customer confidentiality, privacy, and HIPPA (Health Insurance Portability and Accountability ACT) standards and requirements.
- Provide benefits application assistance and follow-up to help ensure client follow through and identify and remove barriers to access.
- Accurately document all client interactions and unmet needs in 2-1-1's systems to assist in the identification of gaps in community service access.
- Identify and accurately refer clients to appropriate community resources which may address the clients' additional health and social needs.
- Represents the organization at community events and delivers presentations to spread program awareness while upholding the value of 2-1-1 Sacramento and Goodwill.
- Seek out opportunities for expansion of Calfresh programing and community awareness
- Provides in person application assistance at out-stationed events and in partnership with community providers.
Learning & Development
- Maintain knowledge and expertise in eligibility, enrollment, and program requirements for CalFresh to better assist clients and staff.
- Participate in ongoing team meetings to support and promote CalFresh programming to internal stakeholders.
- Maintain working knowledge of social and health delivery systems in the Sacramento area and educate teammates as needed.
- Support service delivery & volunteer support in local, and regional disaster/emergency services activation.
- Ensure compliance with all GISVNN policies, CARF standards, and safety and security regulations.
- Performs other duties as assigned