PIMA PREVENTION PARTNERSHIP
Pima Partnership Performing Arts High School
Position Title: Music Teacher (Emphasis on Mariachi)
Education and Experience: Bachelor’s degree in Music or related discipline. Must hold a valid Identity Verified Fingerprint Clearance Card.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Reports to Principal
- Teaching mariachi to students of various ages and levels
- Emphasizing the development of musical skills through mariachi instruction.
- Creating activities that help students develop academic skills, make connections between ideas, master essential knowledge, and grow in their curiosity and creativity.
- Developing and implementing methods of assessment that accurately reflect each student's progress with skills and content.
- Working with teachers of all disciplines, the students, and the broader community to develop the curriculum (both the formal classroom experiences and overall school culture).
- Conducts a yearly program evaluation.
- Develops instructional and assessment materials for Music classes.
- Works with all staff in integrating a standards-based curriculum.
- Maintains a safe and orderly classroom to effect an environment conducive to student learning.
- Oversees an advisory group of students.
- Participates in on-going, job-embedded professional development.
- Ensures understanding of and promotes the vision, mission, beliefs, and guiding principals of the District.
- Conducts himself/herself in a professional manner commensurate with his/her position and projects a good public image of the District in dealing with ADE, local employers, community partners, and employees.
- Performs other such duties as may be assigned by the Principal or Superintendent.
- Two or more years teaching music at the secondary level.
- A bachelor's degree in music or a related discipline. A master's degree is preferred.
- A flexible and energetic personality that can work productively in a changing and growing school environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills when working with diverse students and families. Ability to participate in shared decision-making that invites everyone to contribute to the improvement of the school.
- Understanding of the appropriate use of technology for educational and administrative purposes.
- Experience in staff development, curricular issues, assessment and/or related area.
- Proven organizational development and leadership skills
- Proven report preparation skills
- Highly developed analytical skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong presentation and facilitation skills.
- Ability to be a self starter and take initiative
- Accepts responsibility and is self-motivated
- Ability to multi-task and have time management skills
- Extensive experience working with youth
- Strong verbal and writing skills
- Proficient in interpreting raw data into graphs or other visual aids
- Ability to be a team player
- Once trained, possess the ability to complete projects independently
- Ability to maintain effective working relationships with people of varied social, cultural and educational backgrounds.
- Ability to perform recurring tasks while maintaining a standard of excellence at all times
- Excellent overall computers skills including Microsoft Office, databases, and spreadsheets
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Must be able to use the following equipment: personal computer, including spreadsheet, word processing; telephone; switchboard; calculator; typewriter; and copy machine.
- Ability to work a flexible work schedule, including some evenings, and weekends.
- Must be able to obtain a valid Arizona driver's license and become insurable
- Must be able to obtain or current certification in Standard First Aid and CPR
- Must possess an IVP Fingerprint clearance card.
- Salary - $33,259-$48,857 DOQ
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met, or are encountered, by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, talk, and hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required include close vision, distance vision and the ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.