Walsh University is seeking an Admissions Counselor to support Degree Completion and Graduate Admissions. The Admissions Counselor is responsible for the day-to-day recruitment, admissions, and academic advising of students enrolled through the Degree Completion and Graduate Programs.
Walsh University believes in the desirability of a small university that promotes academic excellence, a diverse community and close student-teacher interactions. A commitment to the Judeo Christian tradition, diversity and service learning are critical to the mission of Walsh University.
1. Oversee and serve as primary admissions counselor for a suite of programs.
2. Execute lead management protocol including direct mail, email, text message, and phone calls to leads.
3. Ability to follow through professionally and consistently on inquiries, requests, and suggestions.
4. Track and manage all necessary paperwork for the application, financial aid, and enrollment processes.
5. Maintain excellent customer service relations with prospective students, current students, staff and instructors.
7. Schedule recruitment days with corporate partners and participate in off-campus recruitment activities
8. Initiate and maintain communication with past, present, and future program participants to support retention.
9. Assist students in applicable university policies including, but not limited to: personal leave of absence, course and university withdrawal, company reimbursement, and course waiver and substitution questions.
10. Perform other duties as directed by supervisor.
A bachelors degree is required. A Masters degree is preferred.
Interacts appropriately with all members of the University community.
Commitment to university mission.
Experience working with online education programs and adult learners strongly preferred.
Experience with CRM preferred.
Duties require one to three years of related experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Outstanding customer service skills.
Ability to resolve problems and to develop relevant alternatives and recommendations.
Must be willing to work evening and weekends, as needed.
The qualified candidate must be able to work within deadlines and have the ability to communicate well, both orally and in writing.
Under the supervision of the Executive Director of the Graduate, & Online Operations.