This position is responsible for working individually and as part of a team to create equipment / system controls drawings, and associated controls cabinet layouts and parts lists in compliance with the project budget, schedule and requirements for quality and functionality. This role helps to ensure accuracy and project efficiency through a professional and economical implementation of the technical requirements. This individual must provide accurate and high quality work with minimal supervision.
Technical Skills and Job Specific Tasks:
- Work closely with the Controls Systems Engineer and utilize the Engineering Process and associated tools during in-house design, engineering and manufacturing of equipment and system controls in compliance with all applicable specifications, codes, and customer requirements.
- Verify accuracy of design documentation - sensor/actuator layouts and lists, motor lists, etc.
- Support the specification and clarification of controls interfaces to equipment supplied by third-parties.
- Create and maintain project controls drawings in the Electrical CAD system, i.e., EPLAN.
- Create and maintain all required reports and lists associated with the controls drawings (e.g., control panels, subassemblies, parts lists, cable lists, etc.).
- Create and maintain item/part numbers for controls components.
- Provide technical support for the Mechanical Systems Engineering team.
- Provide technical support for control cabinet manufacturing.
- Provide technical support for controls installation and commissioning onsite.
- Create and maintain as-built project documentation.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering.
- Experience in logistics, material handling or large scale automation is preferred.
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD-E or EPLAN CAD software.
- Effective communication (internal and external).
- Domestic and international travel up to 20% for training and project support.
TGW is an equal opportunity employer.