1. Constantly ensures the safety, security and well-being of each pet. Handles pets at all times
with skill and care. Follows all procedures in the Safe Handling program
2. Consults with customer and complies with all requests to ensure customer satisfaction. Always
interacts with customers in a warm, friendly and professional manner.
3. Maintains all records, Daysheets, Worksheets, Pet Reports etc in a neat orderly manner
4. Practices timeliness -starts shift on time, and finishes pets before promised time.
5. Conscientiously performs all aspects of the grooming service to Best Friends expectations of
quality using established procedures grooms all pets according to customer request.
6. Works in an organized and hygienic manner. Keeps work area free of hair and clutter and
sanitizes tools and compartments between pets.
7. Understands the purpose of products and uses them appropriately, follows label directions.
Assists Manager maintain inventory by reporting stock levels.
8. Treats equipment and tools with care and helps with simple maintenance. Reports mechanical
failures to manager, in writing. Follows up.
9. Interacts with Manager and center staffing in such a manner as to make sure the salon runs
smoothly and meets the highest expectations of service and product quality.
10. Always endeavors to maintains high level of productivity as is possible with safety and
11. Helps meet demand by accepting additional grooms when possible.
12. Mentors, guides, trains and coaches new and less experienced Associates. Helps expand the
grooming service by willingly participating in Buddy Training.
13. Takes every opportunity to suggest beneficial add-on services and retail.
14. Takes every opportunity to increase the grooming by attracting new customers and encouraging
referrals by existing customers. Uses the street marketing tools provided.
15. Follows all Policies and Procedures and supports the mission and philosophy of Best Friends Pet
16. Performs other duties as assigned.