The Café Team Member is responsible for a variety of duties within Craveology, and the theater concessions including, but not limited to providing excellent customer service, food preparation, cash handling, cleaning, and creating moments.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities, including mental requirements of position:
- Customer Service: The Café Team Member is responsible for assisting customers in a friendly and efficient manner with excellent customer service.
- Handling Customer Orders: The Café Team Member receives and fills the customer’s order and totals the sale on the cash register, receives payment and makes change.
- Cash Handling: Responsibilities include maintaining an accurate drawer throughout the shift, giving change after each transaction, receiving payments, totaling register balance, completing closing paperwork, and deposits.
- Food Preparation: prepare food according to the recipe standards in place, cook food according to the standards, and package items for sale. Some food preparations items include sandwiches, salads, pizza, nachos, soups, pastries, hotdogs, pretzels, sodas, coffee, etc.
- Cleaning: On a daily basis, perform routine cleaning around the café surfaces, appliances, floors, patio area, etc; change trash as needed; complete detail cleaning projects as assigned; and perform routine maintenance of equipment as assigned.
- Rotating: Responsible working all positions in the café including food preparation, cash register, and patio. May be assigned theater concessions as well.
- Inventory: Responsible for keeping track of current stock levels on prepared menu items as well as supplies. Restock throughout the day based on business needs.
- Emergency Plan: Responsible for being knowledgeable of the Emergency Plan Procedures
- Health Standards: Responsible for understanding and maintaining health standards regarding food preparation, storage, cleanliness, and other operations in the café. Must keep Food Handler’s card current.
- ABC: Must complete ABC Certification and adhere to all ABC regulations.
- Attend Employee Training Programs and provide training to team members.
- Manage internal and external work orders.
- Work Special Events as assigned.
THE ABOVE STATEMENTS ARE INTENDED TO DESCRIBE THE GENERAL NATURE AND LEVEL OF WORK BEING PERFORMED BY THE PERSON ASSIGNED TO THIS POSITION. PRINCIPAL DUTIES ARE INTENDED TO DESCRIBE THOSE FUNCTIONS THAT ARE ESSENTIAL TO THE PERFORMANCE OF THIS JOB. AN INCUMBENT MUST BE ABLE TO PERFORM ALL OF THE ESSENTIAL DUTIES OUTLINED ABOVE.
THIS JOB DESCRIPTION DOES NOT STATE OR IMPLY THAT THE ABOVE ARE THE ONLY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES ASSIGNED TO THIS POSITION. AN EMPLOYEE HOLDING THIS POSITION
WILL BE REQUIRED TO PERFORM ANY OTHER JOB RELATED DUTIES AS REQUESTED BY MANAGEMENT. ALL REQUIREMENTS ARE SUBJECT TO POSSIBLE MODIFICATION TO REASONABLY ACCOMMODATE INDIVIDUALS WITH A DISABILITY.
Tools and equipment used to perform this position: kitchen utensils, coffee makers, espresso machine, microwave, telephone, cash register, oven, food warmers.
Experience, education, or skills required of the incumbent in this position:
- Six months of food service experience and one-year cash handling experience in a retail or food service environment.
- Must possess excellent customer services skills.
- Ability to consistently assist customers in a friendly manner.
- Basic mathematical knowledge as needed for position.
- Ability to perform confidently and calmly in a fast-paced environment.
- Proven verbal communication skills.
- Must possess valid food handler’s card or be able to obtain one within one month of hire.
- Must obtain ABC certification within one month of hire.
Supervision, direction, or guidance provided for this position:
Performs routine duties without direct supervision. Supervision needed for training of job duties and to discuss non-routine questions or concerns.
Physical Requirements of this Position:
Light Work: Position involves standing, and/or walking. Position requires ability to frequently exert up to 10 pounds of force to move objects and occasionally exert up to 20 pounds of force to move objects.
Business Location Presence: This position requires physical presence at the business location during all assigned working hours in order to adequately perform all duties.