Resident Care Aide- Senior Living Community
Full Time Part Time and per diem hours available.
Working at non-profit Mary Ann Morse Healthcare Corporation is a meaningful and rewarding experience. Together, we help seniors and their families to embrace healthy aging. Our continuum of exceptional quality senior living, healthcare, and home care services has been trusted by Metro West families for more than 25 years. We are an equal opportunity employer. For employees working over 24 hours, we offer health and dental insurance, paid vacation and sick time, holidays and personal days. We also offer a 401k plan, tuition reimbursement, and life insurance for benefit eligible employees. We invite you to join our compassionate, caring team on our mission to help every senior live their best life!
We are currently seeking Resident Care Aides to assist our residents with activities of daily living.
Position Summary: Works at the direction of the Resident Care Director, RN, or LPN according to scheduled duties, meets residents’ needs by helping with daily living activities, such as bathing, dressing, toileting escorting and eating. Observes changes in resident’s conditions and reports to nurse. Regularly checks on resident’s safety and well being, Assists Activity Department daily as assigned
- Participates in planned in-service and staffing sessions.
- Observes residents for any changes in resident’s behavior, mental status, or physical condition and reports to Supervisor.
- Answers LifeLine promptly or properly utilizes back-up system (Classic Building)
- Performs hourly checks as assigned (Homestead Building)
- Communicates unsafe/cluttered/odorous environments in apartments to Supervisor. Remove trash as requested by residents.
- Assists or provides supervision for residents performing the following activities of daily living:
- Oral hygiene
- Nail care (except Diabetics)
- Completes documentation
- Daily bed making and bed changes as required
- Assists residents at the time of admission with personal items and helps to familiarize them to the Community.
- Launders resident’s personal laundry to adhere to the laundry schedule.
- Customer Service – kindness/hospitality to residents, families and guests.
- Adheres to social model with constant communication with residents during tasks.
- Assists Activities in carrying out planned activities.
- Works toward maintaining each resident’s independence, self respect, personal dignity and personal safety.
- Assures that shift duties list is completed and documented.
- Promotes loyalty to the household among staff; generates positive attitude by demonstrating support of the community’s policies and procedures with fellow employees.
- Communicate well within your department as well as with staff in other departments.
- Reports any physical, emotional, sexual abuse or neglect.
- All Resident Care Aides are expected to wait for oncoming shift replacement unless supervisor has approved otherwise.
- All Resident Care Aides may be asked to perform other service responsibilities to include: waitstaff, laundry, personal care and or housekeeping.
- All Resident Care Aides may be asked to work in Classic or Homestead. No RCA is guaranteed to be assigned to a specific building or neighborhood.
- Must dress professionally and appropriately according to Employee Handbook guidelines
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Valid CNA license in the state of Massachusetts required. Physical demands such as stooping, bending, turning, stretching, lifting to assist residents, making beds, moving equipment. Visual and Audio acuity necessary to detect changes in residents conditions; manual dexterity required to handle equipment. Must have patience and tact in dealing with resident’s family members and staff. Must possess genuine concern for and ability to work with the elderly and with elderly who have memory loss. Must accept risk of working in group setting where employees are exposed to communicable disease and potential combativeness. Must demonstrate overall positive image and attitude.