Mission Statement: Providing comfort, care and meaning at the end of life.
Due to exponential growth and increased demand in Northern Dodge County, Rainbow Hospice Care is seeking a dedicated Registered Nurse Case Manager to help build this additional service area. The ideal candidate for this position will reside in Dodge County.
Applications are currently being accepted for a full time RN Case Manager to build relationships with area facilities and referral sources and provide skilled clinical care to hospice patients in their homes in the Northern Dodge County region. This is a salaried position and is primarily day shift, but also includes a required on-call, weekend, and holiday rotation.
Essential Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Acts as a liaison with facility partners to promote timely response to facility and resident needs, including but not limited to referrals, admissions, education, and problem solving.
- Increases referral volume for the hospice and palliative care programs through heightened physician, facility, and community awareness.
- Coordinates and leads routine quality review meetings with facility leadership and/or care team to foster a collaborative relationship.
- Develops and supervises the planning, coordination, and delivery of patient/family care.
- Provides skilled nursing care to patients in their homes and administers medications and treatments.
- Implements physician orders and maintains communication with patient’s primary physician.
- Visually observes and interprets changes in behavior and psychological and physiological status of patient for ongoing assessment.
- Develops nursing diagnosis and individualized care plans for each patient and modifies care plan based on ongoing assessment of patient condition.
- Educates and supports family members on patient care skills, medications, treatments, use of equipment, and the dying and grieving process.
- Maintains communication with interdisciplinary team through participation in bi-weekly meetings.
- Completes documentation in a timely manner and maintains integrity of patient chart.
- Attends trainings and staff meetings as required.
- Assists with recruiting team members as needed and scheduling.
- Assists with managing building location
- CNA staff will report directly to RN Manager