Wilkinson Barker Knauer, LLP seeks a Legal Administrative Assistant for its top-tier regulatory practice in Washington, DC. This is a non-exempt position with a 37.50-hour work week, the need for occasional overtime, and the flexibility to work remotely two days/week once trained. We provide competitive compensation and benefits and an enjoyable, good-natured work environment. If you are a self-starter with a keen intellect, an entrepreneurial spirit, and a good sense of humor, there is no better place to work.
To be considered, please submit a cover letter and your resume to:
Provide high-level administrative support to attorneys, which includes the following range of responsibilities:
- Maintain attorneys’ calendars by planning and scheduling meetings, phone and video conferences, and travel.
- Assist with legal pleadings and presentations.
- Maintain and update attorney contacts and filing systems.
- Circulate conflict check emails; monitor responses, and open new matters.
- Properly record attorney time entries and adhere to all related deadlines.
- Answer phones, take messages or field/answer all routine and non-routine questions.
- Work independently and within a team on special projects.
- Undertake occasional research projects.
- Provide back-up coverage to the Receptionist, as necessary.
- Prepare check requests for expense and travel reimbursements.
- Draft and type general correspondences, memos, charts, tables, graphs, etc. Proofread drafts for spelling, grammar and layout consistency, making changes when appropriate. Responsible for the accuracy and clarity of final copies.
- Maintain accurate records of professional memberships, bar associations, and related attorney activities.
- Prepare news and regulatory update emails for distribution to attorneys.
The ideal candidate is curious and eager to learn new skills, well organized, energetic, outgoing, positive, dependable, a self-starter, and flexible for overtime. He or she must also possess great verbal and written communications skills, strong attention to detail, excellent analytical skills, sound judgment, and must be computer literate, with proficiencies in Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint. The ideal candidate must also be able to meet deadlines under pressure and juggle numerous tasks simultaneously, both as an individual and as part of a team.
College degree or two (2) years’ experience in a law firm or professional services environment is required. IP/Trademark experience a plus. Law firm experience preferred.
About Wilkinson Barker Knauer, LLP:
Wilkinson Barker Knauer, one of the largest law firms in the nation dedicated primarily to the practice of communications and energy law, is ranked as a “First Tier” firm by Chambers USA (Telecom, Broadcast, and Satellite: Regulatory), and Legal 500 (Telecoms and broadcast: regulatory), and is the only firm to be named “Law Firm of the Year” in communications law five times by U.S. News - Best Lawyers (2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, and 2021). The firm, with offices in Washington, DC, and Denver, Colorado, advises clients ranging from global Fortune 100 companies to small start-ups in regulatory, transactional, privacy, consumer protection, intellectual property, corporate and litigation matters involving all aspects of communications and energy law, at both the state and federal levels.
WBK is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of gender, age, racial or ethnic background, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, or veteran status.
We look forward to meeting you.