Why work for Ampla Health? 17271
Ampla Health provides the individuals and communities we serve with high quality, comprehensive, community health care that is accessible to all and culturally and linguistically appropriate.
- Great Benefits including Medical, Dental, and Vision
- 4 weeks paid time off to start.
- 9 paid holidays
- 401k and profit sharing
- Full time, Monday to Friday
- Great work/home life balance
GENERAL PURPOSE: Medical Assistant
Under the supervision of the Chief Clinical Services Officer, this position is responsible for daily operation of clinic Telemedicine program; schedule appointments, set up and test equipment; collect evaluation data, support physician and other providers during consultation, promote program in local community, and train staff in each Ampla Health telemedicine site in the use of equipment and the process of coordinating a telemedicine encounter. Partner with the HIV Project Coordinator for telemedicine needs and data collection.
MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES: Medical Assistant
- Serve as one of the primary contact for scheduling of the telemedicine and video conferencing rooms.
- Coordinate on site training for users of the telemedicine and video conferencing.
- Assists the Telemedicine Coordinator with the implementation of the billing process for telemedicine services.
- Organize demonstrations of the systems for visitors.
- Provide basic technical support and perform general system maintenance.
- Coordinator with the IT Department to ensure all problems and system development needs are addressed.
- Schedule and participate in site visits to access new sites and evaluate existing sites and services.
- Provide excellent public relations and support for the marketing of telemedicine services available.
- Provide organized feedback to the Chief Clinical Services Officer regarding operational issues to facilitate further program development.
- Provide clinical nursing support, when required, for physician and other medical staff in order to enhance their functions and support telemedicine.
- Establish and facilitate training in telemedicine equipment and use.
- Coordinate with the HIV Project Coordinator in data collection and report generation for the HIV Program.
- Assist with the development of material for HIV program summary, annual report documents and various presentation materials.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Clinical Duties: Medical Assistant
- Assist provider to set up appointment for patients to consult through telemedicine unit with specialty providers
- Reminds patient and provider in a timely matter of their telemedicine consultation
- Prepare consultation room and equipment prior to scheduled appointment. Make sure successful video connection had been made, and stand-by during consultation to provide technical assistance when necessary
- Assist patient and provider with paperwork requirements prior to the telemedicine consultation as indicated in the telemedicine policies and procedures
- Maintain patient database using appropriate computer systems
- Work with the HIV Project Coordinator to create and distribute clinic schedules, promotional material, and documents, consent forms, satisfaction surveys, and various items of information to on-site medical staff and patients
QUALITIES & CHARACTERISTICS: Medical Assistant
- Maintains a professional relationship and positives attitude with co-workers, the public, patients and all Ampla Health’s staff, Board of Directors and vendors
- Maintains the highest professional ethics and is honest in dealing with people; is a model for all employees through his/her actions
- Strives to learn more and is receptive to learning different ways of doing things
- Displays enthusiasm toward the work and the mission of Ampla Health
PROFESSIONAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES: Medical Assistant
- High School Diploma
- Ability to problem-solve utilizing the team approach
- Conflict resolution skills
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to deal with people in person and in telephone contacts in a professional manner
- Sensitive to the needs of the cultures represented in the corporation’s patient population
- Demonstrate clear knowledge of Ampla Health’s clinic structure, standards, procedures and protocols
COMMUNICATIONS SKILLS: Medical Assistant
- Must have neat and legible handwriting
- Must be able to interact with patients courteously and calmly
- Ability to communicate well with the public