CABINET PRODUCTION DRAFTER
cab·i·net pro·duc·tion draft·er
/ˈkab(ə)nət, prəˈdəkSH(ə)n, drăf′tər/
(n.) someone who takes on a new challenge every day; a super-solver of puzzles who isn’t happy until any mistakes are resolved and all the pieces fit together perfectly.
The Cabinet Production Drafter will work in conjunction with other drafters and engineers creating production files to be run on our CNC router & modify design files as needed to produce the project.
What You’ll Do
- Review & edit designs for completeness, manage workflows, and prepare and output drawings for production.
- Update drawings with accurate field dimensions.
- Assemble accurate cutlists and BOMs that identify all parts and machining requirements for the components required by the design.
- As we evolve as a company, your responsibilities will continue to evolve, including learning and adapting to software advancements.
- Be available as a resource for Engineer/Design/Drafting team who need assistance with completing projects.
Essentials We’re Looking For
- Background or experience with general woodworking or caseworks fabrication.
- Ability to read/interpret blueprints.
- Interest in a changing environment, learning and gaining new knowledge, job flexibility, not knowing what challenges tomorrow might bring.
- Self-motivation, works well with others and independently, emulates a positive attitude, provides quality customer service, works productively, thinks critically with complex problem solving and evaluation skills.
- Ability to multi-task and work well under changing conditions on a variety of projects, working accurately and quickly under pressure, prioritize and work flexibly to meet deadlines.
- AAS degree in drafting/design.
- Background or experience in Cabinet Vision.
- Experience with general woodworking, manufacturing, fabrication, construction or designing.
The Boring Stuff
Reports To: Engineering Team Lead
Benefit Classification: Hourly, Full-time
Education/Work Experience: Non-traditional/formal, AA, BA, BS, MA, MS, PhD? First-time employee, seasoned expert, entrepreneur? All encouraged to apply. We’re excited to hear how your education and work experiences were unique and how you excelled! What will make you successful in this role?