About the AMA and Job:
Since 1924, the American Motorcyclist Association (AMA) has protected the future of motorcycling and promoted the motorcycle lifestyle. AMA members come from all walks of life, and they navigate many different routes on their journey to the same destination - freedom on two wheels.
The AMA is in search of a detailed oriented, and communicative Sanctioned Activity Coordinator with 1-3 years of experience in an office setting. The ideal candidate will have demonstrated the ability to work independently with excellent time management skills. As well as a notable background with event management and customer service. This position supports the Racing Department at the American Motorcyclist Association and will report to the manager of the racing program.
The AMA Sanctioned Activity Coordinator is the first point of contact with AMA racing members and event organizers. Key responsibilities will be working with event organizers to process charters, sanctions, insurance, and providing event supplies. They will also support all racing initiatives within the Racing Department.
- Coordinates, tracks and supports all aspects of event organizers, including but not limited to: assist organizers with sanction and insurance process questions; process charter applications; mail charter certificates and assist with affiliate program; supply banners, waivers, app pads, etc., to organizers; create login information for organizers.
- Coordinates, tracks and supports all aspects of sanctioned events, including but not limited to: sanctions, insurance, email blasts, injury reports, event paperwork, refund requests, results.
- Coordinates work, provides customer service, supports the motorcycle lifestyle
- Monitor and review systems and processes for organizers and sanctioning and report issues to ensure continued customer satisfaction
- Assist Accounting Department with delinquent organizers (sanction fees and memberships collected)
- Review and edit press releases related to discipline as well as AMA magazine racing event schedule
- Communicates with external and internal contacts including members, AMA staff, and organizers
- Assist with Racing Department events (VMD, Congress/Banquet, etc.)
- Assist Racing Manager and provide support assistance to other racing disciplines as needed
- Performs other duties as assigned