Under supervision of the Grounds Supervisor or Director of Operations, the Grounds Staff position is responsible for maintaining common areas and playing fields using lawn care equipment. Performs routine maintenance of all types/conditions of grounds including but not limited to equipment, athletic fields, plants,
shrubs, trees and all types of grass species.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Adhere to all safety rules, policies and procedures set by the school, which may be modified from time to time.
2. Ability to safely operate power equipment, power tools, school owned vehicles and powered utility carts while performing assigned duties.
3. Manage the maintenance of equipment to ensure proper working condition.
4. Must be willing to work overtime to meet the needs of the school.
6. Mow, trim, fertilize, weed control, cleanup and maintaining all common areas on campus.
7. Provide trash removal on a daily basis.
8. Fuel school vehicles.
9. Inform Supervisor of any problem areas, and recommend solutions.
10. Perform other duties as assigned including load sharing with trades, housekeeping, special events and set-up.