Under the direction of the Hotline Supervisor, this position will be responsible for answering our 24-hour Hotline and will provide oversight of our Shelter and Second Step properties. The Overnight Hotline Advocate will be responsible for conducting telephonic and in person intakes for victims of domestic violence, seeking shelter and will support shelter clients during evening and overnight hours.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for overseeing Hotline office and related Emergency Shelter activities during assigned shift. The Overnight Hotline Advocate will be the only staff present on-site and will be solely responsible for coordinating all Shelter activities, with assistance available from the On-call Supervisor for crisis and safety matters at the Shelter and Second Step facilities.
- Answer hotline and provide crisis intervention and referrals to callers.
- Assure that hotline office is clean and available to clients and callers during all shifts
- Conduct screening and intakes on the phone and at the Emergency Shelter.
- Provide individual crisis intervention and support, as needed.
- Complete client disposition sheets, files, and log entries on database system and generate reports for grants and other required purposes.
- Monitors client charts to ensure quality of documentation.
- Conduct house checks and assist to facilitate client daily activity, such as group attendance, chores, and meetings.
- Assist in maintaining client homes are stocked with food and supplies, and pantry and closets organized.
- Attend program and agency staff meetings.
- Abide by professional confidentiality guidelines by only sharing client information within the organization when it meets the need of the client.
- Abide by state child and elder abuse mandate reporting laws.
- Demonstrate ability to abide by Human Options values: Show dignity, respect, honesty, integrity, a commitment to excellence and maintain a supportive environment.
- Other duties may be assigned.