Family and Community Services Manager
Reports to: Family and Community Services Director
JOB SUMMARY: The Family and Community Services Manager is responsible for overseeing day-to-day department operations including program development, implementation, reporting, marketing, and outreach for the Center’s Youth First, Nuclear-Q, THRIVE, and Women with Pride programs. These programs support LGBTQIA+ youth, families, and adult community members through social engagement, community involvement and supportive resources to create a sense of belonging, positive mental health and a thriving community and family unit.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Managing/leading day to day operations of all community and family programs, events, and services.
- Successfully implementing and recording the impact of department goals and procedures.
- Recognizing and communicating department needs/weaknesses to Director for evaluation and restructuring.
- Managing, consulting with, and guiding Adult and Youth/Family Coordinators to ensure mission adherence and procedural accuracy in all day-to-day activities.
- Volunteer management to include acquiring, training, assigning, and supervising volunteer workforce in support of all community programs.
- Actively participates in program design, evaluation, expansion, and quality/procedural control.
- Manages department’s community outreach and marketing initiatives.
- Handles day-to-day interdepartmental and community inquiries/needs.
- Drop-in and scheduled consulting with program/community members and families as needed to provide community guidance and appropriate service referrals.
- Provides day-to-day oversight of Community Center safe space(s).
- Ensures department adherence to annual budget and department goals.
- Provides confident and transformational leadership to team of coordinators and volunteers.
- Ensure youth/families/community members are greeted and well supported by coordinators and volunteers within Community Center safe-spaces during designated drop-in and activity timeframes.
- Leading day to day level changes towards implementation of new family services initiatives and the integration of Senior Housing community services.
- Perform other types of managerial duties as recognized to ensure department remains on track with strategic department growth.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
JOB REQUIREMENTS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- 5+ Years leadership Experience required.
- Bachelor’s Degree and significant professional experience in Public Administration/Social Services/or Related Field preferred, (will accept professional certificate in Nonprofit Management or related field). Experience can be accepted in lieu of education
- Professional knowledge/competency in program evaluation, impact measurement and reporting, goal-oriented decision making, volunteer management, program budgeting, critical thinking, effective communication, case management required.
- Experience working with, older adults, teenagers and families preferred.
- Demonstrate experience with, and cultural sensitivity to the LGBTQIA+ community, to include professional competency in use of gender-affirming language and related cultural competencies.
- Professional competency in CANVA or experience with similar social-media-content-creation software.
- Professional competency in (or demonstrated ability to acquire competency in) Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, Teams, and Microsoft Word.
- Professional aptitude (experience preferred) in program evaluation to include data collection, survey creation, and goal reporting.
- Professional aptitude in interpersonal communication, including ability to actively listen, remain calm when members are distressed, discuss sensitive topics confidently, and craft clear, informative, and engaging written communication.
- Must have reliable transportation and be able to pass a background check
- Must be able to focus on multiple tasks simultaneously and be able to organize and execute their workload with minimal direct supervision.
- Flexibility to participate in occasional off-site and frequent after-hours events.
- Spanish speaking preferred
- Must obtain CPR/First Aid certification within 6 months of employment.
- Must develop a working knowledge of, and demonstrate commitment to, agency core values
- Coordinator duties include travel to nearby businesses/post-office/storage unit/and other administrative locations as needed. Summer travel on public transportation along with youth members required. Annual travel to overnight camping retreat required.